Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Can someone please explain this phenomenon?

Can someone please explain this phenomenon?

snapcount@gmail.com

http://www.ensitconsultancy.co.uk/problem/

Works ok in Internet Explorer, doesn't work ok in Firefox or Opera.
It's a very simple HTML I've made as an example. I don't want to use
tables or anything, I would like it to work with as little modification
as possible.

Thanks...

dorayme

In article
<(E-Mail Removed) .com>,

> http://www.ensitconsultancy.co.uk/problem/
>
> Works ok in Internet Explorer, doesn't work ok in Firefox or Opera.
> It's a very simple HTML I've made as an example. I don't want to use
> tables or anything, I would like it to work with as little modification
> as possible.
>

> Thanks...

Nice puzzle... how about helping out and having a white
background and two _different_ coloured gifs for a start... and a
few words about your idea of "working"

--
dorayme

snapcount@gmail.com

I don't get what you mean. There are three different gifs that should
be stacked one on top of the other without any space inbetween. There
is no vertical spacing between the gifs in IE but there is in other
browsers. I don't understand what's the problem with the black
background and white gifs.

dorayme wrote:
> In article
> <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> > http://www.ensitconsultancy.co.uk/problem/
> >
> > Works ok in Internet Explorer, doesn't work ok in Firefox or Opera.
> > It's a very simple HTML I've made as an example. I don't want to use
> > tables or anything, I would like it to work with as little modification
> > as possible.
> >

> > Thanks...

> Nice puzzle... how about helping out and having a white
> background and two _different_ coloured gifs for a start... and a
> few words about your idea of "working"
>
> --
> dorayme

snapcount@gmail.com

Never mind, got help and fixed the problem thanks to the guys at
SitePoint Forums. I should've specified font-size: 0; in the style for
the top & bottom elements.

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> http://www.ensitconsultancy.co.uk/problem/
>
> Works ok in Internet Explorer, doesn't work ok in Firefox or Opera.
> It's a very simple HTML I've made as an example. I don't want to use
> tables or anything, I would like it to work with as little modification
> as possible.
>

> Thanks...

rfr

I, also, wonder what the heck he is doing and how he expects to be able to
sleuth out the error when everything is the same color.
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article
> <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> http://www.ensitconsultancy.co.uk/problem/
>>
>> Works ok in Internet Explorer, doesn't work ok in Firefox or Opera.
>> It's a very simple HTML I've made as an example. I don't want to use
>> tables or anything, I would like it to work with as little modification
>> as possible.
>>

>> Thanks...

> Nice puzzle... how about helping out and having a white
> background and two _different_ coloured gifs for a start... and a
> few words about your idea of "working"
>
> --
> dorayme

dorayme

In article
<(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Never mind, got help and fixed the problem thanks to the guys at
> SitePoint Forums. I should've specified font-size: 0; in the style for
> the top & bottom elements.
>
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > http://www.ensitconsultancy.co.uk/problem/
> >
> > Works ok in Internet Explorer, doesn't work ok in Firefox or Opera.
> > It's a very simple HTML I've made as an example. I don't want to use
> > tables or anything, I would like it to work with as little modification
> > as possible.

OK. I was mildly interested in what you were doing, how you were
using this in a real context... and found it harder with little
white lines as pics (you see, sometimes to check things out one
downloads the gifs to have a close look at what is what and thin
white lines are mildly more annoying in the average image editor
window than black ones (as default). I noticed you had two gifs
the same exactly but separate files, you had a container div that
was doing nothing I could fathom. And while I am raving here, I
suspect from your satisfaction about font size idea, you are up
to tricks that are better avoided.

But I don't know this. Good luck to you anyway...

--
dorayme