Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Browser validation

Browser validation

=?UTF-8?B?R8OpcmFyZCBUYWxib3Q=?=

Toby Inkster wrote :
> Gérard Talbot wrote:
>
>> But the best conformant ones are (in descendant order):
>>
>> Firefox 2.0
>> Opera 9.02
>> Safari 2.0.4
>> Icab 3.03

> When you include DOM, perhaps. But for straight HTML+CSS make that:
>
> Opera 9.02

Opera 9.x has a more extended support of CSS but I find that Firefox
1.5+ has a more accurate support of the properties it supports. So, its
kinda equal in that area. Of course, my opinion on this is debattable.

Firefox has a better support of HTML than Opera 9 in my opinion.
http://www.robinlionheart.com/stds/html4/results
lists some of the differences

> Safari 2.0.4
> Konqueror 3.5.2
> Icab 3.03
>
> Firefox doesn't pass the Acid2 test yet.

There is a reflow branch where Firefox builds pass the Acid2 test; for a
few months, Firefox passed the Acid2 test in that branch.

Gérard
--
remove blah to email me