Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > WLL Internet connection

WLL Internet connection

P. Jayant

Some of the I.S.P.s in India have just started providing 115 kbps
fixed line Internet connections with WLL. The only Option provided is
to take the LG Electronics Telephone Instrument which obviously
incorporates a modem, provided by them. The Sales and Marketing people
cannot specify what modem is there inside the instrument.

What is the difference between the WLL Internet under XP vs. the wireless
networking discussed in this Newsgroup?

Is it acommon practice all over the world for telecom cum internet service

providers to install their own telephone instrument with built-in modem?

Or can one select the best available modem in the market? If YES, which

is the best external modem for 115 kbps WLL link? Are there any reviews

of modems of this type?

Any references to the web-sites which provide information on WLL
connections and the DOs and DON'Ts of it would be highly appreciated.

P. Jayant

Pavel A.

"P. Jayant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What is the difference between the WLL Internet under XP vs. the wireless
> networking discussed in this Newsgroup?

Wireless Local Loop is proprietary voice over wireless.
Since it's proprietary, providers install their own phones, and no, they won't disclose any details on the modem

This group is for wireless *networking* - that's, data or voice over data link.
Most of wireless LANs discussed here are 802.11.

--PA

jayant

"Pavel A." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<#(E-Mail Removed)>...
> "P. Jayant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > What is the difference between the WLL Internet under XP vs. the wireless
> > networking discussed in this Newsgroup?

> Wireless Local Loop is proprietary voice over wireless.
> Since it's proprietary, providers install their own phones, and no, they won't disclose any details on the modem
>
> This group is for wireless *networking* - that's, data or voice over data link.
> Most of wireless LANs discussed here are 802.11.
>
> --PA

Thanks. Sorry to have posted my message on this newsgroup.
Unfortunately, I have found no newsgroup discussing issues involving
Voice and Internet combined over Wireless or WLL.

P. Jayant