Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Get friends to send us their name and email

Get friends to send us their name and email

I have a private mailing-list I send out to friends and family which
works great as it is subscription based.
I would like to move the mailing-list to a newer one which allows for
personal fields e.g. First-name, Last-name, DOB etc.
As I am not a programmer or anything, does anyone have any
info/links/tutorials on how I could set up a specific page where those
on my list could go to, input their First name, Last name and DOB, and
then this would be saved for me so I can then import it into the
mailing-list.
I already have all the emails but need the first and last names.
I would need this input to check if the email address exists (so two
same emails cannot be used).
Hope someone can help.
I am hosting the site on a "PHP server" - excuse me if using wrong term.
Thanks very much.

Toby Inkster

©® wrote:

> I have a private mailing-list I send out to friends and family which
> works great as it is subscription based.

Then it's probably in the order of *dozens* of people, rather than
*thousands*. I'd suggest that entering the details manually will be
faster and easier than writing a script to do so.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Toby Inkster wrote:
> Then it's probably in the order of *dozens* of people, rather than
> *thousands*. I'd suggest that entering the details manually will be
> faster and easier than writing a script to do so.

Yeah - it is not a lot - just a little over 200 people. I don't suppose
it will take too long, just wondered if there was a quicker way!
Thanks very much.