Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > What's Your Favorite HTML Editor?

What's Your Favorite HTML Editor?

Toby Inkster

John Salerno wrote:

> I would love using Scite except for one thing that is very unsatisfying:
> you can't define your own syntax highlighting. Actually, I find this to
> be a problem with every text editor I've used except UltraEdit (which I
> use and love).

I've not really looked into this area with SciTE, so I don't know how far
its capabilities go. I would imagine it's possible to define your own
syntax highligher using the Lua scripting interface, though that seems a
bit like overkill -- should be possible to do without scripting.

Nedit certainly allows you to define your own syntax rules for
highlighting. That is my second editor of choice. (Nano is my third.)

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS