Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > What's Your Favorite HTML Editor?

What's Your Favorite HTML Editor?

genedefcon2006

Is this thread having anything to do with HTML? And remember this is
being archived! : )

dorayme

In article
<(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
"genedefcon2006" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Is this thread having anything to do with HTML? And remember this is
> being archived! : )

O! OK. I better wait till I'm king before carrying on further...

--
dorayme

Edwin van der Vaart

genedefcon2006 schreef:
> Whta's your favorite HTML editor?
> Mine's EditPad Lite.

vi, vim, emacs, gedit, joe, jedit, nedit, ewisoft, netpadd, araneae, 1st
page, crimson, ezpad, acehtml, notetab light, html-kit, context, pspad,
websmill, metapad, quanta (linux), tswebeditor, notespad, grey matter
pro, editpad lite, stones webwrite, matizha sublime, nvu, SciTE,
Notepad++, CSE HTML Validator, Through the web editor, Xinha, FCK
editor, textpad, notetab, editplus, ultraedit, editpad, hypertext
studio, namo, acehtml pro, ibm websphere, spider writer, Zues, CSE HTML
Validator pro, phpedit, Winsyntax, devphp, phpcoder, Davor's PHP Editor,
php designer, phped, top php studio, dzsoft php editor, Expert Editor,
komodo, maguma studio/workbench, xmlpro2, cooktop, xray, peters xml
eiditor, morphon, xopus, editml, xmlwriter, oxygen pro, blueprint,
xmlspy, turboxml, xmlmind.
--
Edwin van der Vaart
http://www.evandervaart.nl/ Edwin's persoonlijke web site

Sally Thompson

On Sun, 8 Oct 2006 12:46:22 +0100, Edwin van der Vaart wrote
(in article <b356b$4528e50a$3ec2999a$(E-Mail Removed)>):

> genedefcon2006 schreef:
>> Whta's your favorite HTML editor?
>> Mine's EditPad Lite.

> vi, vim, emacs, gedit, joe, jedit, nedit, ewisoft, netpadd, araneae, 1st
> page, crimson, ezpad, acehtml, notetab light, html-kit, context, pspad,
> websmill, metapad, quanta (linux), tswebeditor, notespad, grey matter
> pro, editpad lite, stones webwrite, matizha sublime, nvu, SciTE,
> Notepad++, CSE HTML Validator, Through the web editor, Xinha, FCK
> editor, textpad, notetab, editplus, ultraedit, editpad, hypertext
> studio, namo, acehtml pro, ibm websphere, spider writer, Zues, CSE HTML
> Validator pro, phpedit, Winsyntax, devphp, phpcoder, Davor's PHP Editor,
> php designer, phped, top php studio, dzsoft php editor, Expert Editor,
> komodo, maguma studio/workbench, xmlpro2, cooktop, xray, peters xml
> eiditor, morphon, xopus, editml, xmlwriter, oxygen pro, blueprint,
> xmlspy, turboxml, xmlmind.

So what do you use on the other days of the week?{1}

[1] Sorry, deliberately unsnipped to make the joke.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK

Edwin van der Vaart

Sally Thompson schreef:
> On Sun, 8 Oct 2006 12:46:22 +0100, Edwin van der Vaart wrote
> (in article <b356b$4528e50a$3ec2999a$(E-Mail Removed)>):
>> genedefcon2006 schreef:
>>> Whta's your favorite HTML editor?
>>> Mine's EditPad Lite.

>> vi, vim, emacs, gedit, joe, jedit, nedit, ewisoft, netpadd, araneae, 1st
>> page, crimson, ezpad, acehtml, notetab light, html-kit, context, pspad,
>> websmill, metapad, quanta (linux), tswebeditor, notespad, grey matter
>> pro, editpad lite, stones webwrite, matizha sublime, nvu, SciTE,
>> Notepad++, CSE HTML Validator, Through the web editor, Xinha, FCK
>> editor, textpad, notetab, editplus, ultraedit, editpad, hypertext
>> studio, namo, acehtml pro, ibm websphere, spider writer, Zues, CSE HTML
>> Validator pro, phpedit, Winsyntax, devphp, phpcoder, Davor's PHP Editor,
>> php designer, phped, top php studio, dzsoft php editor, Expert Editor,
>> komodo, maguma studio/workbench, xmlpro2, cooktop, xray, peters xml
>> eiditor, morphon, xopus, editml, xmlwriter, oxygen pro, blueprint,
>> xmlspy, turboxml, xmlmind.
>>

> So what do you use on the other days of the week?

A cup of tea.
--
Edwin van der Vaart
http://www.evandervaart.nl/ Edwin's persoonlijke web site
24help.info, issociate.de, velocityreviews, umailcampaign.com,
gthelp.com, webfrustration.com, excip.com and many other to duplicate
this post.

JohnW

On 7 Oct 2006 14:00:16 -0700, "genedefcon2006"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Whta's your favorite HTML editor?
>Mine's EditPad Lite.

I've been happily using Homesite for 5 years (bought it from
Allaire before Macromedia bought them, and now Adobe bought
Macromedia). Before that I used Hot Dog. I use EditPadLite and
TSE (successor to QEdit) extensively but not for HTML work.

The sites I maintain have a high percentage of older people so I want
to keep things simple and small (for dial ups).

I use CSS but mainly only for style uniformity within a site. Forex,
when I get a doc file, I convert it to HTML with old Word 97 (pre CSS
coding) whereas Word 2003 adds 50% to the file size with CSS coding
throughout and the resulting page looks no better in a browser.

--
JohnW-Mpls

genedefcon2006

I am thinking of getting Home Site.

Sid

On 8 Oct 2006 09:09:19 -0700, "genedefcon2006"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

: I am thinking of getting Home Site.

Good for you!

Sid

BootNic

> genedefcon2006 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> news: (E-Mail Removed) m
> I am thinking of getting Home Site.

http://www.blumentals.net/webuilder/

You can upgrade from any previous version of WeBuilder, HTMLPad, Rapid CSS or Rapid PHP. The upgrade price is only $25.85 (limited
time offer).

WeBuilder 2006 Personal License - $39.85 US (Special Offer)
For personal non-commercial use by students and other individuals.

WeBuilder 2006 - $49.85 US (Special Offer)
For general use by professional developers, companies and government

Unconditional 30-day Money-Back Guarantee

Very similar to Home Site.

Home Site 5.5 US $99.00

--
BootNic Sunday, October 08, 2006 12:50 PM

Happiness for the average person may be said to flow largely from
common sense - adapting one-self to circumstances - and a sense of
humor.
*Beatrice Lillie (1898-1989) English comedienne*

JohnW

On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 16:52:05 GMT, "BootNic"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> genedefcon2006 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> news: (E-Mail Removed) m
>> I am thinking of getting Home Site.

>http://www.blumentals.net/webuilder/
>
>You can upgrade from any previous version of WeBuilder, HTMLPad, Rapid CSS or Rapid PHP. The upgrade price is only $25.85 (limited
>time offer).
>
>WeBuilder 2006 Personal License - $39.85 US (Special Offer)
>For personal non-commercial use by students and other individuals.
>
>WeBuilder 2006 - $49.85 US (Special Offer)
>For general use by professional developers, companies and government
>
>Unconditional 30-day Money-Back Guarantee
>
>Very similar to Home Site.
>
>Home Site 5.5 US $99.00

Thank you. I'll try it - d/l a trial copy.

I'm not unhappy with Homesite but there may be things in WeBuilder I'd
like but I don't know about.

--
JohnW-Mpls