Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > min-height not working in Firefox/Opera

min-height not working in Firefox/Opera

effendi@epitome.com.sg

I created a table with the following style for each cell. It worked
fine for MSIE but when opened in Firefox/Opera, the cells collapsed
What do I need to change to make it work in the other broswers as well.

..workplan td{
padding: 0px;
min-height: 17px;
border: 1px solid #cccccc;

}

Thanks

dorayme

In article
<(E-Mail Removed) .com>,

> I created a table with the following style for each cell. It worked
> fine for MSIE but when opened in Firefox/Opera, the cells collapsed
> What do I need to change to make it work in the other broswers as well.
>

> .workplan td{
> padding: 0px;
> min-height: 17px;
> border: 1px solid #cccccc;
> }

What is the point of the min-height?

You mean for the relevant HTML to be something like:

?

min-height makes no difference at all in this situation in IE Mac
as well as other browsers.

What does "cell collapse" look like in this situation? They look
fine upstanding cells to me in FF and Safari and iCab and Mac
IE... even with your css.

--
dorayme

Ben C

On 2006-10-07, (E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I created a table with the following style for each cell. It worked
> fine for MSIE but when opened in Firefox/Opera, the cells collapsed
> What do I need to change to make it work in the other broswers as well.
>

> .workplan td{
> padding: 0px;
> min-height: 17px;
> border: 1px solid #cccccc;
>
> }

Just use height: 17px.

Height is interpreted as a minimum height on table cells anyway.

effendi@epitome.com.sg

Ben C wrote:
> On 2006-10-07, (E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > I created a table with the following style for each cell. It worked
> > fine for MSIE but when opened in Firefox/Opera, the cells collapsed
> > What do I need to change to make it work in the other broswers as well.
> >

> > .workplan td{
> > padding: 0px;
> > min-height: 17px;
> > border: 1px solid #cccccc;
> >
> > }

> Just use height: 17px.
>
> Height is interpreted as a minimum height on table cells anyway.

Thanks, I changed min-height to height as you suggested and it worked.