Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Image not displaying in IE, fine in firefox

Image not displaying in IE, fine in firefox

Mark Trueman

Hi,

Ive been messing around with my website, www.stopsleyflyers.co.uk, and
have come across a problem. The top logo has a border around it, made
up of small images. This looks fine in firefox, but in iexplore the
bottom of the blue/white/grey border is missing and i cant for the life
of me work out why.

Can anyone help, im sure its a simple thing

Cheers

Mark

Jonathan N. Little

Mark Trueman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ive been messing around with my website, www.stopsleyflyers.co.uk, and
> have come across a problem. The top logo has a border around it, made
> up of small images. This looks fine in firefox, but in iexplore the
> bottom of the blue/white/grey border is missing and i cant for the life
> of me work out why.
>
> Can anyone help, im sure its a simple thing

Yes the simple thing is validate your markup first

http://validator.w3.org/check?verbos...lyers.co.uk%2F
Result for http://www.stopsleyflyers.co.uk/ - W3C Markup Validator

I think error #5 is your trouble spot

class="tblbot"op">
^

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Mark Trueman

Jonathan N. Little wrote:
> Mark Trueman wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Ive been messing around with my website, www.stopsleyflyers.co.uk, and
> > have come across a problem. The top logo has a border around it, made
> > up of small images. This looks fine in firefox, but in iexplore the
> > bottom of the blue/white/grey border is missing and i cant for the life
> > of me work out why.
> >
> > Can anyone help, im sure its a simple thing

> Yes the simple thing is validate your markup first
>
> http://validator.w3.org/check?verbos...lyers.co.uk%2F
> Result for http://www.stopsleyflyers.co.uk/ - W3C Markup Validator
>
> I think error #5 is your trouble spot
>
> class="tblbot"op">
> ^
>
> --
> Take care,
>
> Jonathan
> -------------------
> LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
> http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Sorry, that error got in somehow, but removing it and the other problem
code does not make the image appear where i want it to. Any more
ideas???

Cheers

Mark

mbstevens

Mark Trueman wrote:

> Sorry, that error got in somehow, but removing it and the other problem
> code does not make the image appear where i want it to. Any more
> ideas???

Yes. Instead of turning backflips trying to surround the image with
images controlled by CSS, just go into Gimp or Photoshop and make those
small images part of the main logo iamge itself. That will work in
every browser that can display the image.
--
mbstevens
http://www.mbstevens.com/

mbstevens

mbstevens wrote:
> Mark Trueman wrote:

>> Sorry, that error got in somehow, but removing it and the other problem
>> code does not make the image appear where i want it to. Any more
>> ideas???

> Yes. Instead of turning backflips trying to surround the image with
> images controlled by CSS, just go into Gimp or Photoshop and make those
> small images part of the main logo iamge itself. That will work in
> every browser that can display the image.

BTW, optimize that devil. It's weighing in at a hefty 58K.

dorayme

In article
<(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
"Mark Trueman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Ive been messing around with my website, www.stopsleyflyers.co.uk, and
> have come across a problem. The top logo has a border around it, made
> up of small images. This looks fine in firefox, but in iexplore the
> bottom of the blue/white/grey border is missing and i cant for the life
> of me work out why.
>
> Can anyone help, im sure its a simple thing
>
> Cheers
>
> Mark

The purple blue links on black background are hard to see, you
need to be quite careful if you have dark backgrounds.

--
dorayme

John Salerno

Mark Trueman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ive been messing around with my website, www.stopsleyflyers.co.uk, and
> have come across a problem. The top logo has a border around it, made
> up of small images. This looks fine in firefox, but in iexplore the
> bottom of the blue/white/grey border is missing and i cant for the life
> of me work out why.
>
> Can anyone help, im sure its a simple thing
>
> Cheers
>
> Mark

Just curious, did you get it fixed? It looks the same in FF and IE to me.