Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > How to Start a Web Design Company in less than 48 hrs ?

How to Start a Web Design Company in less than 48 hrs ?

mithsi@gmail.com

Just wrote an article, let me know if it is helpful.

Here is the link to it

http://www.hostingaides.com

Chris F.A. Johnson

On 2006-10-04, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Just wrote an article, let me know if it is helpful.
>
> Here is the link to it
>
> http://www.bad.example.com

I find it very hard to take seriously anyone professing to offer
guidance on web design whose own site doesn't scale to the size of
my browser window.

I'll ignore the issue of multi-posting for now.

Author:

dorayme

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Chris F.A. Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On 2006-10-04, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > Just wrote an article, let me know if it is helpful.
> >
> > Here is the link to it
> >
> > http://www.bad.example.com

> I find it very hard to take seriously anyone professing to offer
> guidance on web design whose own site doesn't scale to the size of
> my browser window.
>
> I'll ignore the issue of multi-posting for now.

I would be interested to hear your opinion on one issue that
relates to this. I had a look at that web design ad and it is
mainly a short text spiel. How would you set out so that it
"scaled" to your browser window, avoiding the pitfalls of text
lines uncomfortably wide, of imposing the need for a user to
fiddle about with browser window size (if they are used to full
screen viewing)?

In my own case I am tending to limit text content width by em
(occasionally by px).

This is not a criticism of you or any endorsement of the web ad
site, it is just that it is is not a trivial issue and in the
case of a bit of text, is it so bad re window size? Goes down to
800 (I would see no reason not to have let it go less actually).
But as for max size... what would you recommend?

In short, the phrase "scale to the size of my browser window" is
not that clear.

--
dorayme

richard

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Just wrote an article, let me know if it is helpful.
>
> Here is the link to it
>

> http://www.hostingaides.com

From what I've seen, you offer nothing more than what is already touted on
thousands of web pages.

webMODULES

My oh my. This is why there are so many horrible web sites out there.

Hey, just a tip, it takes a lot more then a little HTML knowledge and a
cheap hosting account to make a successful web design company. Oh ya,
your topic was how to start a web design company, not how to make a
successful web design firm, or even successful web site for that
matter.

Oh well, if you reall need to start a web design company, go see
hostingaides.com- of course don't expect to get anything more then an
add trying to get you to buy a book that tells you to learn HTML and
find a hosting company.

Hey look mom, I just started a web design company, I am going to get
rich I am sure becaue I just started a new company.