Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Configuring Apache with Tomcat

Configuring Apache with Tomcat

roohbir

Hi,
I have downloaded Tomcat v 5.5.20 and Apache HTTP Server v 2.0.59 on
my machine. Both are running on my machine as I can see the welcome
pages when I enter the addresses http://localhost:8080 and http://localhost
in the browser.
The thing is I want to configure Apache with Tomcat and would be
really thankful if somebody could point me to an article or resource
on the net to manage this.
Thanks
Roohbir

Uwe Plonus

roohbir wrote:
> Hi,
> I have downloaded Tomcat v 5.5.20 and Apache HTTP Server v 2.0.59 on
> my machine. Both are running on my machine as I can see the welcome
> pages when I enter the addresses http://localhost:8080 and http://localhost
> in the browser.
> The thing is I want to configure Apache with Tomcat and would be
> really thankful if somebody could point me to an article or resource
> on the net to manage this.
> Thanks
> Roohbir

Is it so difficult to look at the documentation?

http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/

Uwe

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

Uwe Plonus wrote:
> roohbir wrote:
>> I have downloaded Tomcat v 5.5.20 and Apache HTTP Server v 2.0.59 on
>> my machine. Both are running on my machine as I can see the welcome
>> pages when I enter the addresses http://localhost:8080 and
>> http://localhost
>> in the browser.
>> The thing is I want to configure Apache with Tomcat and would be
>> really thankful if somebody could point me to an article or resource
>> on the net to manage this.

> Is it so difficult to look at the documentation?
>
> http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/

The mod_jk and mod_jk2 documentations are particular
easy to read and understand.

Arne