Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Missing font-symbols in jdeveloper (double quotes) on Linux

Missing font-symbols in jdeveloper (double quotes) on Linux

Ben Engbers

Hi,

Sometime ago I installed jdev9052 on my Fedora laptop. I noticed that it
was not possible to insert a double quote (") with the keyboard.
The only way to get a " is with copy/paste.

All other applications accept the keyboard-input

Today I installed jdev1013 and again I have the same problem with the ".

Does anyone have a clue on how to fix this?

Ben

Lew

Ben Engbers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sometime ago I installed jdev9052 on my Fedora laptop. I noticed that it
> was not possible to insert a double quote (") with the keyboard.
> The only way to get a " is with copy/paste.
>
> All other applications accept the keyboard-input
>
> Today I installed jdev1013 and again I have the same problem with the ".
>
> Does anyone have a clue on how to fix this?

Are you certain the problem is with a missing font symbol? One would think
that would prevent copy-paste from working. It looks from here more like an
input problem.

Are there JDeveloper forums?

- Lew

Ben Engbers

Ben Engbers schreef:
> Hi,
>
> Sometime ago I installed jdev9052 on my Fedora laptop. I noticed that it
> was not possible to insert a double quote (") with the keyboard.
> The only way to get a " is with copy/paste.
>
> All other applications accept the keyboard-input
>
> Today I installed jdev1013 and again I have the same problem with the ".
>
> Does anyone have a clue on how to fix this?
>
> Ben

After I noticed that I also couldn't use the caret(~), I switched the
keyboard from US International to US English.
This solved the problem

Ben

Lars Enderin

Ben Engbers skrev:
> Ben Engbers schreef:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Sometime ago I installed jdev9052 on my Fedora laptop. I noticed that
>> it was not possible to insert a double quote (") with the keyboard.
>> The only way to get a " is with copy/paste.
>>
>> All other applications accept the keyboard-input
>>
>> Today I installed jdev1013 and again I have the same problem with the ".
>>
>> Does anyone have a clue on how to fix this?
>>
>> Ben

> After I noticed that I also couldn't use the caret(~), I switched the

"~" is not a caret. "^" is.

> keyboard from US International to US English.
> This solved the problem

error compiling in jdeveloper curwen Java 0 09-30-2003 02:56 PM
standard tld, jdeveloper curwen Java 0 09-23-2003 07:57 AM
using c.tld in jdeveloper curwen Java 0 09-22-2003 09:48 AM
using fop in Jdeveloper 903 curwen Java 0 09-05-2003 11:06 AM
Re: Oracle JDeveloper 91 Rebuild Roedy Green Java 3 07-22-2003 06:43 PM

Advertisments