Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Debugging an applet or JApplet in an IDE?

Debugging an applet or JApplet in an IDE?

Is it possible to debug an applet or JApplet in an IDE?

How?

Andrew Thompson

On Feb 22, 7:36 am, Z <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Is it possible to debug an applet or JApplet in an IDE?

Sure.

> How?

I am not sure if an IDE can *directly* debug
an applet, but they can certainly debug GUI'd
applications, so pop the applet into a (J)Frame
and it should be easy.

Andrew T.

osama_mohamed

On Feb 21, 10:52 pm, "Andrew Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Feb 22, 7:36 am, Z <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to debug an applet or JApplet in an IDE?

> Sure.
>
> > How?

> I am not sure if an IDE can *directly* debug
> an applet, but they can certainly debug GUI'd
> applications, so pop the applet into a (J)Frame
> and it should be easy.
>
> Andrew T.

i use eclipse
i can debug any applet
try this it is free

Sundar

On Feb 22, 1:36 am, Z <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Is it possible to debug an applet or JApplet in an IDE?

Yes its possible. Using netBeans, Eclipse OR most of popular IDE's.
But i would prefer to modify some of the code to make it a java
application and debug it.

> How?

Related links:
http://www.netbeans.org/kb/50/tutori...ml#runanddebug
http://www.jguru.com/forums/view.jsp?EID=1320553

-Sundar
http://heysundar.blogspot.com

japplet&applet klaic Java 1 10-19-2005 08:00 PM
ImageIcon.paintIcon wont work in JApplet Cheok Yan Cheng Java 0 08-13-2003 03:11 PM
Re: newbie: Join JApplet & Applet in one applet Andrew Thompson Java 0 08-05-2003 01:41 PM
Re: JApplet + API question Eric Olander Java 1 07-08-2003 04:03 PM
Re: JApplet + API question John C. Bollinger Java 0 06-27-2003 05:13 PM

Advertisments