Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Castor Constantly Instantiating SAXParsers

Castor Constantly Instantiating SAXParsers

Greg

I'm analyzing the memory churn of my application's individual
transactions and one of the heavy consumers turns out to be Castor
because it instantiates a new SAXParser each time it processes data.
A colleague of mine says that while I am using version 0.9.6, it has
not been resolved in any of the later versions.

I have taken the source from 0.9.6 and injected a caching mechanism
that should clear up the problem, but now I am struggling with major/
minor version issues when trying to compile, build and run my
application. I'll get it to work soon enough.

Anyway, I wanted to ping this community to see if anyone has
encountered this before. I am also obviously going to look over bug
reports in the Castor project to see if this is going to be addressed
officially anytime soon.