Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > cutting wmv files

cutting wmv files

warth33@hotmail.com

Hi

Uhave a question, hope someone can answer it:

Is it possible to:

1 - Retrieve the length in minutes or seconds of a wmv-file
2 - cut this file, creating a new one. If there is a wmv-file that is
35 minutes, I need to create a new file that contains from minute 1 to
minute 25 of the original wmv-file.

Thank you.

Alex Hunsley

> Hi
>
> Uhave a question, hope someone can answer it:
>
> Is it possible to:
>
> 1 - Retrieve the length in minutes or seconds of a wmv-file

Yes.

> 2 - cut this file, creating a new one. If there is a wmv-file that is
> 35 minutes, I need to create a new file that contains from minute 1 to
> minute 25 of the original wmv-file.

Yes.

warth33@hotmail.com

Is this something that requires jmf? I read about jmf not supporting
wmv-files..

On 18 Feb, 12:49, Alex Hunsley <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > Hi

> > Uhave a question, hope someone can answer it:

> > Is it possible to:

> > 1 - Retrieve the length in minutes or seconds of a wmv-file

> Yes.
>
> > 2 - cut this file, creating a new one. If there is a wmv-file that is
> > 35 minutes, I need to create a new file that contains from minute 1 to
> > minute 25 of the original wmv-file.

> Yes.

Alex Hunsley

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Is this something that requires jmf? I read about jmf not supporting
> wmv-files..

No idea! But what you asked is certainly possible.
lex