Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Java Logging files getting over-written despite settings.

Java Logging files getting over-written despite settings.

andoni.oconchubhair@fmr.com

Hi,

I have set up Java 1.4 logging and added to my logging config file the
entry:

java.util.logging.FileHandler.append = TRUE

This doesn't appear to work though as each time I run the program I
get a new file. I have looked at the source-code and there is no case-
sensitivity on the "true".

Here's the contents of my config file, can someone please tell me if
I've missed something or if there's a good site that details these
settings?

handlers= java.util.logging.FileHandler,
java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler

java.util.logging.FileHandler.pattern = C:/logs/fims_archiver%g.log
java.util.logging.FileHandler.limit = 50000
java.util.logging.FileHandler.level = INFO
java.util.logging.FileHandler.append = TRUE
java.util.logging.FileHandler.count = 1
java.util.logging.FileHandler.formatter =
java.util.logging.SimpleFormatter

java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler.level = INFO
java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler.formatter =
java.util.logging.SimpleFormatter

Thanks:
Andoni.

andoni.oconchubhair@fmr.com

> java.util.logging.FileHandler.count = 1

Never even noticed this value! Apologies for having wasted anyone's
time. I only hope this posting helps someone. I've upped this to 100
and now it is maintaining that many log files.

Thanks again,
Andoni.