Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Re: software engineer resources available online

Re: software engineer resources available online

Andrew Thompson

On Feb 16, 3:15 pm, "murarigarg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Feb 14, 5:52 pm, "Andrew Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > On Feb 14, 11:43 pm, "murarigarg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > >www.multi-posting-spammer.comis..

> mind your own work

Oh I do. I also act to 'mind' and protect
the communities I contribute to, from low-life,
multi-posting, spamming morons like *you*.

If you think you have something of value on
that site, feel free to contribute to these
groups by *replying* to any posts with a
relevant link. What you are currently doing
in dumping your link to a large number of
groups is no more than your self-centered
attempt to use these groups for your own ends.

Stop the multi-posted spam.

(Note, this has been cross-posted across
3 groups to which this person, out of a
yahoo account, has been spamming c.l.j.*
groups. Search the profile if you are that
curious about their antics. Follow-ups
are set to c.l.j.programmer only.)

Andrew T.

ramgarg69@gmail.com

On Feb 16, 3:30 pm, "Andrew Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Feb 16, 3:15 pm, "murarigarg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > mind your own work

> Oh I do. I also act to 'mind' and protect
> the communities I contribute to, from low-life,
> multi-posting, spamming morons like *you*.
>
> If you think you have something of value on
> that site, feel free to contribute to these
> groups by *replying* to any posts with a
> relevant link. What you are currently doing
> in dumping your link to a large number of
> groups is no more than your self-centered
> attempt to use these groups for your own ends.
>
> Stop the multi-posted spam.
>
> (Note, this has been cross-posted across
> 3 groups to which this person, out of a
> yahoo account, has been spamming c.l.j.*
> groups. Search the profile if you are that
> curious about their antics. Follow-ups
> are set to c.l.j.programmer only.)
>
> Andrew T.

hi
i had posted these message to the 8 google groups whome i am member.
by the the way i had design these website for my interest in java. i
had no intention to earn money these you can see by that i had not
posted any type of advertisement on my website like adsense.
i am final B.Tech. final year student making project in "E-mail server
using JMS , James , JSP ". and it is currently under construction.

Andrew Thompson

On Feb 16, 9:59 pm, "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Feb 16, 3:30 pm, "Andrew Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > If you think you have something of value on
> > that site, feel free to contribute to these
> > groups by *replying* to any posts with a
> > relevant link.

> hi

G'day.

> i had posted these message to the 8 google groups

Yes, I noticed.

What you did by doing that is called
a multi-post, it is different to a
cross-post*, which is usually much
more acceptable, but..

* If you do not understand the difference,
please research it.

>..whome i am member.

...'No you are not'. Or more accurately,
you may have posted messages to those
groups about your site, but you are not
(in those messages) actively participating
in much of the *discussion* that the
groups are designed for.

On one of your posts, a person asked
what 'fresher' meant. Did you even
realise? To participate in these
groups would have meant you made a
reply to that question/discussion.
Why didn't you reply?

> by the the way i had design these
> website for my interest in java. i
> had no intention to earn money ..

That is /not/ my primary issue with
your posts and the content of them.

I feel that if somebody asks a question
and you provide a link back to your
product that does exactly what is
needed, and the product costs $big,
that is fine - it is the choice of
the person asking the question if
they want it.

The problem is both that your posts
- are 'unsolicited' in that we do not
ask or need to be told every three days
where your site is, and..
- that you are multi-posting widely

>..these you can see by that i had not
> posted any type of advertisement on my website

Job ads.

>..like adsense.

I used to use Google adsence** on my
physci site, I had no objections to
Google throwing up a couple of
'alternate suggestions' to whatever
I was saying, and it sure gets
the pages indexed fast.

Besides, I figured if people who came
to my site hated 'in page' ads do much,
they could use something like Norton to
actively remove the 'ad' div in the page,
or disable JS (if they were so vehement
about it).

> i am final B.Tech. final year student making project in "E-mail server
> using JMS , James , JSP ". and it is currently under construction.

Well now, this is the closest we have
so far come to having a discussion, but
I would like to get clear on why the
current posting strategy you are using