Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Java exception

Java exception

Amali

What are java exceptions? and why are they used?

voorth

On Feb 16, 7:00 am, "Amali" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> What are java exceptions? and why are they used?

.... and why does this seem like a homework question?

Michael Rauscher

Amali schrieb:
> What are java exceptions? and why are they used?

Why not?

Amali

On Feb 16, 3:07 pm, Michael Rauscher <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Amali schrieb:> What are java exceptions? and why are they used?
>
> Why not?

yes ur right we have to find these iformation any how. so i have
searched the web, but i didn't any idea. so please tell me some web
sites to find these answers.

Andrew Thompson

On Feb 16, 10:59 pm, "Amali" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Feb 16, 3:07 pm, Michael Rauscher <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Amali schrieb:> What are java exceptions? and why are they used?

> > Why not?

> yes ur right we have to find these iformation any how. so i have
> searched the web, but i didn't any idea. so please tell me some web
> sites to find these answers.

Here are some good search terms
<http://www.google.com/search?q=java+exception+tutorial>

Andrew T.

Michael Rauscher

Amali wrote:
> On Feb 16, 3:07 pm, Michael Rauscher <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Amali schrieb:> What are java exceptions? and why are they used?
>>
>> Why not?

> yes ur right we have to find these iformation any how. so i have
> searched the web, but i didn't any idea. so please tell me some web
> sites to find these answers.

Andrew already gave you a very good point to start.

Exceptions aren't hard to understand, really. To understand what
exceptions are and what they are used for it might be better to ask
*when* to use them.

Turn on Google, now.

Bye
Michael

Mark Rafn

Amali <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>What are java exceptions? and why are they used?

In many ways, an exception is just an alternate return type from a method
invocation. It's declared in the method signature, like the normal return
type, throwing it exits the current method, like the return keyword.

There are a lot more details to it, which you should probably read in your
textbook.
--
Mark Rafn http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) <http://www.dagon.net/>

Lew

Mark Rafn wrote:
> There are a lot more details to it, which you should probably read in your
> textbook.

Or in any of the hits from
<http://www.google.com/search?q=what+is+a+Java+Exception>

GIYF.

- Lew

Alex Hunsley

Mark Rafn wrote:
> Amali <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> What are java exceptions? and why are they used?

> In many ways, an exception is just an alternate return type from a method
> invocation. It's declared in the method signature, like the normal return
> type, throwing it exits the current method, like the return keyword.

Would also like to add: exceptions shouldn't be used in place of the
normal return mechanism: they are for exceptional circumstances, as they
are costly to set up.

lex

murari garg

On Feb 16, 11:00 am, "Amali" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> What are java exceptions? and why are they used?

hi
exception are used in programme where the probability of making error
is more.
By using exception in your programme , youcan run your wrong
programme to some extends.

If you want to have good practice of exception than i recommand you

do the unsolved problems of " schaum series in java programming "
More Details : http://www.mcgraw-hill.com.sg/html/t...071420402.html