Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Default user and password to enter on PDM

Default user and password to enter on PDM

jaisol

Few minutes ago I have upgraded firewall version to 6.3(4) and PDM to
3.0(2) versions on PIX 506E.

What is the default user and password to enter on PDM?

THANKS!

Chris

"jaisol" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Few minutes ago I have upgraded firewall version to 6.3(4) and PDM to
> 3.0(2) versions on PIX 506E.
>
> What is the default user and password to enter on PDM?
>
> THANKS!

cisco
cisco

jaisol

I have not success with cisco and cisco.

How or where can I change username/password for PDM?

THANKS again!

Brian V

"Chris" <chris@nospam> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "jaisol" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> Few minutes ago I have upgraded firewall version to 6.3(4) and PDM to
>> 3.0(2) versions on PIX 506E.
>>
>> What is the default user and password to enter on PDM?
>>
>> THANKS!
>>

> cisco
> cisco

The default username for the pix pdm is pix
There is no default password, once you set an enable password it will become
that password.

Example, you have no aaa setup and/or local usernames on the pix. You set
your enable password to abc123.

username: pix
password: abc123

If you did not set an enable password then that field should be left empty,
simply use the username pix

You may be prompted for your username and password a couple times, this is
normal on some browsers.

-Brian

jaisol

I have used PDM before but I don't remember the password assigned.

Can I change the password for pix pdm user or erase password from
telnet session? (how?)

THANKS again!

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>,
jaisol <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:I have used PDM before but I don't remember the password assigned.

:Can I change the password for pix pdm user or erase password from
:telnet session? (how?)

It's the enable password. If you don't remember the enable password,
you can't reconfigure from telnet

If you were going in through a different username, then you could
go in through telnet and "show user" to see what users exist.
You could use "no username to remove an existing entry, and
then another "username" command to recreate the user with a new password.
Be sure to give the appropriate privilege level when you recreate the user.

If you don't remember the enable password, you are going to have to
use the PIX Password Recovery Procedure. That involves dropping down
to the PROM and loading in a special file that you will have to
get from the PIX software repository; the exact file to use depends
on the software version you are using.
--
History is a pile of debris -- Laurie Anderson

Chris

"jaisol" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I have not success with cisco and cisco.
>
> How or where can I change username/password for PDM?
>
> THANKS again!

Sorry, I was thinking of SDM on the routers!

Doh!

jaisol

Certenly I can begin telnet session with enable option (I have the
password).

The "show user" command from telnet (with enable option) resolves
nothing.
I mean:
pixfirewall# show user
pixfirewall# <- nothing

then I tried with
pixfirewall# show user pix -> minimum allowed username length is 4
pixfirewall# show user pdm -> minimum allowed username length is 4
pixfirewall# show user cisco -> invalid username
pixfirewall# show user admin -> invalid username
pixfirewall# show user root -> invalid username
pixfirewall# show user administrator -> invalid username

Seems like user does not exist but I can't enter at https://MyIPPix
with empty username and empty password.

The commands "no username" and "username" were not recognized.

Some else suggestion.

THANKS for HELP!

Tony Clifton

Have you tried the default?

username <blank>, password <enable password>

"jaisol" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Certenly I can begin telnet session with enable option (I have the
> password).
>
> The "show user" command from telnet (with enable option) resolves
> nothing.
> I mean:
> pixfirewall# show user
> pixfirewall# <- nothing
>
> then I tried with
> pixfirewall# show user pix -> minimum allowed username length is 4
> pixfirewall# show user pdm -> minimum allowed username length is 4
> pixfirewall# show user cisco -> invalid username
> pixfirewall# show user admin -> invalid username
> pixfirewall# show user root -> invalid username
> pixfirewall# show user administrator -> invalid username
>
> Seems like user does not exist but I can't enter at https://MyIPPix
> with empty username and empty password.
>
> The commands "no username" and "username" were not recognized.
>
> Some else suggestion.
>
> THANKS for HELP!

lev_london lev_london is offline
Junior Member

Hello Guys,

Ive just had a trouble with my pix as well to try to find out the PDM password ,but finally i realized its a very easy process.
"Show user" in terminal mode. if no user it means the dafault user name is empty. password can be set ip up with the "setup" command .i hope this help.