Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > input of value integer problem.

input of value integer problem.

Jeremy

> Hey, Sorry to bother you, I have output that is not doign what i want it
> do. I'm just having trouble getting it to run the way I want it to do.
> I'm
> having trouble getting the first value read specific the number of value
> input from the users....
> here's the output of the program i got.
> Indicate how many values you want to input:2
>
> Indicate numbers you want to calcuate for smallest integer:2
> Press any key to continue...
>

> import java.util.Scanner;
> public class Input// public class name input
>
> {
> public static void main (String args[])// main method to begine xecution
> of
> program
> {
> Scanner input = new Scanner(System.in);
> int counter=1;// counter intialized to 1
> int smallestnumber=0;//smallest number intialized to 0;
> int values=0;// values intialized to 0;
> int number=0; number is intialized to 0;
>
> {
> System.out.printf("Indicate how many values you want to input:"); // ask
> user
> how many values you want to input and prompts you to do that.
> values =input.nextInt();
>
> while ( counter<=values)// while statement that will count within values
> {
> System.out.println();
> ++counter;
> values=number;
>
> }
>

> System.out.printf("Indicate numbers you want to calcuate for smallest
> integer:");// ask what number you want to calcuate for the smallest
> integer.
> number =input.nextInt();
> while (values==number)// this is not right statement anything
> {
> number=smallestnumber;
> if (smallestnumber<=number)
> {
>
> System.out.println(smallestnumber);
> }
> }
>

> }
> }

}

Hendrik Maryns

Jeremy schreef:
>> Hey, Sorry to bother you, I have output that is not doign what i want it
>> do. I'm just having trouble getting it to run the way I want it to do.
>> I'm
>> having trouble getting the first value read specific the number of value
>> input from the users....
>> here's the output of the program i got.
>> Indicate how many values you want to input:2
>>
>> Indicate numbers you want to calcuate for smallest integer:2
>> Press any key to continue...

You didn’t formulate a question, but I’ll give some comments on your code:

>> import java.util.Scanner;
>> public class Input// public class name input
>>
>> {
>> public static void main (String args[])// main method to begine xecution
>> of
>> program
>> {
>> Scanner input = new Scanner(System.in);
>> int counter=1;// counter intialized to 1
>> int smallestnumber=0;//smallest number intialized to 0;
>> int values=0;// values intialized to 0;
>> int number=0; number is intialized to 0;
>>
>> {
>> System.out.printf("Indicate how many values you want to input:"); // ask
>> user
>> how many values you want to input and prompts you to do that.
>> values =input.nextInt();
>>
>> while ( counter<=values)// while statement that will count within values
>> {
>> System.out.println();
>> ++counter;
>> values=number;
>> }

Since number is 0, values will be 0 after the first loop, which makes
this code equivalent to:

if (values >= 1) {
System.out.println();
counter = 2;
values = 0;
}

That doesn’t seem to make any sense. Please reconsider.

>> System.out.printf("Indicate numbers you want to calcuate for smallest
>> integer:");// ask what number you want to calcuate for the smallest
>> integer.
>> number =input.nextInt();
>> while (values==number)// this is not right statement anything

values is 0, so it will only execute when the user entered 0.

>> {
>> number=smallestnumber;
>> if (smallestnumber<=number)
>> {