Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > JBuilder based on Eclipse is finally available

JBuilder based on Eclipse is finally available

Ramon F Herrera

John

Ramon F Herrera wrote:

> http://www.codegear.com/Products/JBu...2/Default.aspx
>
> -RFH

Holy Crap... I think I paid like 80$ for JBuilder 4 a few years ago.
Thank GOD for open source solutions.

Tonny Madsen

On Feb 7, 3:46 am, John <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Ramon F Herrera wrote:
>
> >http://www.codegear.com/Products/JBu...2/Default.aspx

> > -RFH

> Holy Crap... I think I paid like 80$ for JBuilder 4 a few years ago.
> Thank GOD for open source solutions.

Hmm, I have been using the new JBuilder for some months now and I
actually think it is a rather good product. Of cause, you can always
object to the price tag but that is a different story. For various
reasons I also use a vanilla Eclipse IDE for some projects, but when I
work with web services I always start up JBuilder...

Best Regards
Tonny Madsen
The RCP Company

David Segall

"Ramon F Herrera" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>http://www.codegear.com/Products/JBu...2/Default.aspx

Thanks. The tone of your subject line indicates that I should be
pleased that Borland's IDE, including the free version, has been
superseded. Why?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

David Segall wrote:
> "Ramon F Herrera" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> http://www.codegear.com/Products/JBu...2/Default.aspx

> Thanks. The tone of your subject line indicates that I should be
> pleased that Borland's IDE, including the free version, has been
> superseded. Why?

I did not read it that way.

It was announced that JBuilder would eventually be
Eclipse based when Borland joined Eclipse.

That is years ago.

The time from announcement to the product is here
could itself warrant the term "finally".

Arne