Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > No pages in Jasper Report's subreport

No pages in Jasper Report's subreport

mico

Hello,

I have a complex report, containing several subreports with titles and
details. But if database returns no records for the subreport it does
not generated and not displayed in the main report. How to make
subreport show something even if no data was received, e.g.
subreport's title and label 'No data' ?

Thanks

mico

There is an option in report's property -
"If no data then show all sections, not details" but that seems not
enough if I want to display a label there if no data.

Ingo R. Homann

Hi,

mico wrote:
> There is an option in report's property -
> "If no data then show all sections, not details" but that seems not
> enough if I want to display a label there if no data.

I am not sure if there is a solution for your problem.

But similar problems with JasperReports caused me to forget it and use
iText instead wich is much more flexible. Note that iText is the library
on which JasperReports is based.

Ciao,
Ingo

Export subreport David Dvali ASP .Net 0 11-25-2005 08:32 PM
Exporting Crystal Reports subreport data David Dvali ASP .Net 0 11-25-2005 03:51 PM
printing on demand Subreport crystal =?Utf-8?B?TWJpc2hy?= ASP .Net 0 07-26-2005 05:25 PM
Crystal report with stored procedure in subreport kenneth xg ASP .Net 2 04-23-2005 03:12 PM
Jasper pre-compile include JSP pages? Joe Bloggs Java 1 08-01-2003 03:39 PM

Advertisments