Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Java Certification Exam Query

Java Certification Exam Query

AK

On Tue, 6 Feb 2007, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Date: 6 Feb 2007 01:28:58 -0800
> From: "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Newsgroups: comp.lang.java.programmer
> Subject: Re: Java Certification Exam Query
>
> Hi AK,
> Just one thing i want to say to you that you must look at once the
> java specification tutorial before appearing in the exam.
> You can get it from http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/second_edition.
> Because it will tell you a lot of things that you may not be knowing.

Thanks Agarwal, Will definitely go through that.

For an example just tell the output of the following program :-
class Super {
Super() {
printThree();
}

void printThree() {
System.out.println("three");
}
}

class Test extends Super {
int three = (int)Math.PI; // That is, 3
public static void main(String[] args){
Test t = new Test();
t.printThree();
}
void printThree() { System.out.println(three); }
}

This question sure seems to be a toughie. Let me go ahead reasoning rather
than jumping to answers. The object t is calling the function prinThree().
In a normal case the subclass function function is called and the value 3
is printed. but here the object for the superclass is first created and
hence its cosntructor is called which inturn calls its own printThree()
function. So first "three" is printed first and then ater the object is
created the subclasses' function is called.

the output should be
"three"
3

correct me if I am wrong

kind regards
AK

--
(E-Mail Removed)

AK

> For a sample of one, my employer's policy is to buy team drinks and "a
> sliding scale of meal venues: Mc Donalds for /SCJP up to Michelin 3
> Star for /SCEA " for Java, but nothing for MCSE.

thats was quite a witty way of proving the point.

--
(E-Mail Removed)

AK

On Tue, 6 Feb 2007, arun wrote:

> Date: 6 Feb 2007 01:23:37 -0800
> From: arun <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Newsgroups: comp.lang.java.programmer
> Subject: Re: Java Certification Exam Query
>
> certification is an added advantage.It will be always useful .

thats a valid point. its always to have something rather than npothing.
but my query was if it was really worth the effort and time. and the
unanimous answer has been YES.

--
(E-Mail Removed)

AK

On Tue, 6 Feb 2007, Andy Dingley wrote:
> Moin said it well. You only get "certified", not "highly certified".
> It doesn't distinguish good Java people, it distinguishes the average
> and keen from the bad and from the average but less keen.

Yup!..Both of you have put it nicely. It will prove a point and may be
help in filtering resumes but nothing more than that. The example of
recruiter and the flood of applications was indeed quite good. Now I get
it.

--
(E-Mail Removed)

Thomas Dickey

AK <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> For a sample of one, my employer's policy is to buy team drinks and "a
>> sliding scale of meal venues: Mc Donalds for /SCJP up to Michelin 3
>> Star for /SCEA " for Java, but nothing for MCSE.

> thats was quite a witty way of proving the point.

Not really. It was obviously intended as a topic-killer
(no reason to followup).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net

dagarwal82@gmail.com

By the way the answer to my code snippet is :-

AK

On Tue, 6 Feb 2007, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Date: 6 Feb 2007 03:29:25 -0800
> From: "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Newsgroups: comp.lang.java.programmer
> Subject: Re: Java Certification Exam Query
>
> By the way the answer to my code snippet is :-
> 0
> 3

I had posted the answer as :
"three"
3

Can you lease go through my earlier post and point out where i might have
gone wrong.

kind regards
AK
--
(E-Mail Removed)

Lew

Proton Projects - Moin wrote:
> ... u r ... u r ... i ... i ... q's ... u ... u ... 2+ exp ... bcoz ...

Informal communications as here are one thing, but in one's professional
writing one should be sure to eschew "txt-speak" execrations. Taking the care
to communicate well will enhance one's career.

The English language is a lovely thing and is not improved by uncessarily
telegraphic communication.

- Lew

AK

On Tue, 6 Feb 2007, Lew wrote:

> Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 09:01:28 -0500
> From: Lew <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Newsgroups: comp.lang.java.programmer
> Subject: Re: Java Certification Exam Query
>
> Proton Projects - Moin wrote:
>> ... u r ... u r ... i ... i ... q's ... u ... u ... 2+ exp ... bcoz ...

> Informal communications as here are one thing, but in one's professional
> writing one should be sure to eschew "txt-speak" execrations. Taking the care
> to communicate well will enhance one's career.
>
> The English language is a lovely thing and is not improved by uncessarily
> telegraphic communication.
>
> - Lew

Lew,
I do agree with your point of view that one should refrain from using the
SMS-CHAT lingo of i,ur,coz etc but at the same time I feel one should not
force ones opinions opinions on ohters.We live in a democratic world and
USENET is an example of that. And the only thing thats permanent in life
is change. If the majority of the people want the language to change,adapt
and improve with time; who are we to dictate terms.
kind regards
AK

--
(E-Mail Removed)

Chris Uppal

AK wrote:

> If the majority of the people want the language to change,adapt
> and improve with time; who are we to dictate terms.

The implicit suggestion that txt-speakers are in the majority /in this
community/ is more than a little unconvincing.

And to answer your final question (note how I refrain from criticising your
omission of the "?" we are the /readers/ -- and if people wish to
communicate with us then (a) they are well-advised to consider our tastes and
prejudices (even if, after consideration, they decide to ignore them), and (b)
we can help them do (a) if we /tell/ them what those tastes and prejudices are.

Personally I can't read txt-speke without considerable difficulty (it changes
the "gestalt" of the written word, which my word recognition wetware depends
on), so I hardly ever bother. So, if there's anyone who would like a share of
/my/ attention, they had better use real words...

-- chris