Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Where to download JRE 1.6.0?

Where to download JRE 1.6.0?

Peter Christensen

I just wonder, why they are still distributing JRE 1.5.0_10 on www.java.com.

I now use JRE 1.6.0 (JRE 6), which I downloaded together with the new Java
Development Kit (JDK 1.6.0) from java.sun.com. I would like my user to
update to JRE 1.6.0 also, but he shouldn't really have to download JDK 1.6.0
too, because he is just using the program and not a programmer.

Are there anybody who knows, why they still have JRE 1.5.0_10 on
www.java.com, and where JRE 1.6.0 can be downloaded without the JDK? -Maybe
it's just a matter of days before java.com is updated, so JRE 1.6.0 can be
downloaded?

Rgds,
Pete C
Why not have a *free* copy of StarOffice (SO7)? Try here :
http://www.avanquest.fr/absoft/produ...quk_so0506.cfm

bugnthecode

On Feb 2, 6:08 pm, "Peter Christensen" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> I just wonder, why they are still distributing JRE 1.5.0_10 onwww.java.com.
>
> I now use JRE 1.6.0 (JRE 6), which I downloaded together with the new Java
> Development Kit (JDK 1.6.0) from java.sun.com. I would like my user to
> update to JRE 1.6.0 also, but he shouldn't really have to download JDK 1.6.0
> too, because he is just using the program and not a programmer.
>
> Are there anybody who knows, why they still have JRE 1.5.0_10 onwww.java.com, and where JRE 1.6.0 can be downloaded without the JDK? -Maybe
> it's just a matter of days before java.com is updated, so JRE 1.6.0 can be
> downloaded?
>
> Rgds,
> Pete C
> Why not have a *free* copy of StarOffice (SO7)? Try here :http://www.avanquest.fr/absoft/produ...istrement_pres...

You can direct your user to http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp
where he looks for "Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6" and clicks
"Download" this will take you to the license agreement etc..

I'm not exactly sure why the front page wasn't updated to show the new
jre, probably because the 1.6 is so new and hardly any one really
requires it, especially when a lot of companies (mine included) are
still using 1.4 and earlier.

Hope that helps,
Will

Peter Christensen

"bugnthecode" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i en meddelelse
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> On Feb 2, 6:08 pm, "Peter Christensen" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:

> You can direct your user to http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp
> where he looks for "Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6" and clicks
> "Download" this will take you to the license agreement etc..
>
> I'm not exactly sure why the front page wasn't updated to show the new
> jre, probably because the 1.6 is so new and hardly any one really
> requires it, especially when a lot of companies (mine included) are
> still using 1.4 and earlier.
>
> Hope that helps,
> Will

That helped, thank you.

Rgds,
Pete C

Robert Kochem

Peter Christensen schrieb:

> Are there anybody who knows, why they still have JRE 1.5.0_10 on
> www.java.com, and where JRE 1.6.0 can be downloaded without the JDK?

http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp
"Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6"

Robert

Pete C

On 3 Feb., 11:54, Robert Kochem <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Peter Christensen schrieb:
>
> > Are there anybody who knows, why they still have JRE 1.5.0_10 on
> >www.java.com, and where JRE 1.6.0 can be downloaded without the JDK?

> http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp
> "Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6"
>
> Robert

Thanks, that all I have to say...

Pete C

David Kerber

Why not download it direct from Sun? You can find pretty much any
version there, including all the way back to 1.3.

In article <45c3eeaa$0$49204$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> I just wonder, why they are still distributing JRE 1.5.0_10 on www.java.com.
>
> I now use JRE 1.6.0 (JRE 6), which I downloaded together with the new Java
> Development Kit (JDK 1.6.0) from java.sun.com. I would like my user to
> update to JRE 1.6.0 also, but he shouldn't really have to download JDK 1.6.0
> too, because he is just using the program and not a programmer.
>
> Are there anybody who knows, why they still have JRE 1.5.0_10 on
> www.java.com, and where JRE 1.6.0 can be downloaded without the JDK? -Maybe
> it's just a matter of days before java.com is updated, so JRE 1.6.0 can be
> downloaded?
>
> Rgds,
> Pete C

newsgroups if possible).

Dieter Bender

because there is no version for as400, neither 1.6, nor any other

David Kerber wrote:

> Why not download it direct from Sun? You can find pretty much any
> version there, including all the way back to 1.3.

John W. Kennedy

Dieter Bender wrote:
> David Kerber wrote:
>> Why not download it direct from Sun? You can find pretty much any
>> version there, including all the way back to 1.3.

> because there is no version for as400, neither 1.6, nor any other

And what has that to do with java.com, which also doesn't support the
AS/400? If you want Java for zSeries, iSeries, or pSeries, you go to
IBM. If you want Java for MacOS X, you go to Apple.

On the other hand, it appears that java.com is owned by Sun, who I
suppose really should upgrade it from 1.5.10 to 1.6.0.

--
John W. Kennedy
"The blind rulers of Logres