Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > how to encapsulate JAI and ImageIO classes into jar file without installing them

how to encapsulate JAI and ImageIO classes into jar file without installing them

Java_New

Hi there,

I've finished my application design and been told that the project
would be published to web for user downloading. This application
imported a few classes from JAI and ImageIO, which requires initial
APIs installing .It shouldn't be a issue if user or IT person can
install these APIs correctly, but the chances are people do get
confused with it and class-path settings as well. Is there any
solution or suggestion regards this situation.

Would it be possible for me to put all of classes (of JAI and ImageIO)
into application jar file, and identify the class-path in the
application.

Many thanks

New_To_Java

Andrew Thompson

On Feb 3, 12:03 pm, "Java_New" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I've finished my application design and been told that the project
> would be published to web for user downloading. This application
> imported a few classes from JAI and ImageIO, which requires initial
> APIs installing .It shouldn't be a issue if user or IT person can
> install these APIs correctly, but the chances are people do get
> confused with it and class-path settings as well. Is there any
> solution or suggestion regards this situation.

Web-start. The example closest to what you
are attempting is..
<http://www.physci.org/jws/#giffer>
...which uses a library, much as you might
deploy JAI etcetera.

HTH

Andrew T.