Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Sorting a vector based on another datas

Reply
Thread Tools

Sorting a vector based on another datas

 
 
Chris Uppal
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-02-2007
Ian Wilson wrote:

[me:]
> > public static <X> java.util.List<X>
> > nonSort(java.util.List<X> list)
> > {
> > return list;
> > }

[...]
>
> You forgot to specify the licence. GPL? BSD? Commercial?
> If someone uses it in a commercial product do you want attribution?
> "Sort function provided by Chris Uppal"
>


I did consider that, but it's difficult to know how to phrase the licence...

================
Copyright (c) Chris Uppal 2007.
Permission is hereby granted to use and distrubute the software for all
purposes subject to the following conditions:

NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED
TO (etc, etc, etc -- you know the rest).

The above copyright notive, this license text, and the name "Chris Uppal",
must NOT appear in any copies of this software. If the program in which
it is embedded is such that a user may review licensing and copyright
attribution; then credit must NOT be given to "Chris Uppal" and that
name must NOT appear in any form or as any part of that information.
================

But it seems a little clumsy -- and in any case would be incompatible with the
licensing terms of other software I've made available. (Would also be
incompatible with the GPL, but who cares...)

-- chris


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Randolf Richardson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-03-2007
On Fri, 02 Feb 2007 05:03:37 -0800, Chris Uppal
<(E-Mail Removed)-THIS.org> wrote:
> Ian Wilson wrote:

[sNip]
>> You forgot to specify the licence. GPL? BSD? Commercial?
>> If someone uses it in a commercial product do you want attribution?
>> "Sort function provided by Chris Uppal"
>>

>
> I did consider that, but it's difficult to know how to phrase the
> licence...
>
> ================
> Copyright (c) Chris Uppal 2007.

[sNip]
> NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED
> TO (etc, etc, etc -- you know the rest).
>
> The above copyright notive, this license text, and the name "Chris

[sNip]

Whoops: notive

> But it seems a little clumsy -- and in any case would be incompatible
> with the licensing terms of other software I've made available.


You need get in touch with a lawyer about the wording. If you don't do
this, then you might not have things covered properly in the spirit you
intended.

> (Would also be incompatible with the GPL, but who cares...)


How so? Because you don't want credit for it? By the way, I don't care
either. =D

--
Randolf Richardson - (E-Mail Removed)
The Lumber Cartel, local 42 (Canadian branch)
http://www.lumbercartel.ca/
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sorting list vs sorting vector boltar2003@boltar.world C++ 2 07-06-2010 09:40 AM
const vector<A> vs vector<const A> vs const vector<const A> Javier C++ 2 09-04-2007 08:46 PM
Initializing vector<vector<int> > and other vector questions... pmatos C++ 6 04-26-2007 05:39 PM
Free memory allocate by a STL vector, vector of vector, map of vector Allerdyce.John@gmail.com C++ 8 02-18-2006 12:48 AM
After sorting a vector, how to get max in this vector? cylin C++ 3 12-19-2003 05:58 PM



Advertisments