Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Java Problem!!!

Java Problem!!!

Andrew Thompson

On Feb 1, 5:13 pm, David Segall <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Thomas Fritsch <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >David Segall wrote:

> >> My company has set up a special department to do course work for
> >> students and we have appointed Helen Waite as supervisor. You can go
> >> to Helen Waite for any help you need.

> >David,
> >could you please send me the list of students supervised by Helen Waite.
> >(just in case any of these students will apply for a job in my company)

> Perhaps you should read my post aloud in case you missed it. But then,
> it may be an exclusively Australian saying.

I think the wink indicates, he missed nothing.

Andrew T.

David Segall

"Andrew Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Feb 1, 5:13 pm, David Segall <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Thomas Fritsch <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> >David,
>> >could you please send me the list of students supervised by Helen Waite.
>> >(just in case any of these students will apply for a job in my company)

>> Perhaps you should read my post aloud in case you missed it. But then,
>> it may be an exclusively Australian saying.

>I think the wink indicates, he missed nothing.

Woops! I missed the wink.

Andrew Thompson

On Feb 1, 5:13 pm, David Segall <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> My company has set up a special department to do course work for
> >> students and we have appointed Helen Waite as supervisor. You can go
> >> to Helen Waite for any help you need.

> ...it may be an exclusively Australian saying.

The Young Ones had a character by the name
Helen ..Back. She used to work for the course
work department, but they kept coming back.
I think this case would best be handled by
Ms. Waite.

[ ]

Andrew T.

Alex Hunsley

Andy Dingley wrote:
> On 31 Jan, 17:41, Thomas Fritsch <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> could you please send me the list of students

> Petros Kimitris @ Coventry Uni for starters

Where do you vet the Coventry idea from? Is it their coursework?

Alex Hunsley

Alex Hunsley wrote:
> Andy Dingley wrote:
>> On 31 Jan, 17:41, Thomas Fritsch <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> could you please send me the list of students

>> Petros Kimitris @ Coventry Uni for starters

> Where do you vet the Coventry idea from? Is it their coursework?

Oh yeah, I see it now. Coursework is from the Coventry website.
lex

Randolf Richardson

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 04:01:20 -0800, Andy Dingley <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> On 31 Jan, 00:00, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> On Jan 30, 3:54 pm, "kimis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> If you are looking for
>> someone to do the work for you then know that any company who has a
>> decent interview process will never hire you.

> Sadly companies don't have such a process and in a few years time this
> lazy idiot will be your boss.

...but not for long as these types tend to get promoted repeatedly
because everyone's scared to fire anyone these days for fear of getting
sued -- so, if you don't want them in your department and you can't fire
them, then the only option you'll have is to promote them.

--
Randolf Richardson - (E-Mail Removed)
The Lumber Cartel, local 42 (Canadian branch)