Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > IP address overlap

IP address overlap

nkingcade

Question: I have a 2500 router. I am addressing two subnets. Three
interfaces. E0, S0, S1. I encounter a "192.168.1.25 overlaps the address on
serial0" error when I attempt to use this address on serial1. Can you offer
an explaination? I think I have a host ID problem. Is there any
documentation on this issue? If so, please point me to it. I have attempted
to "Google" this one.No Joy. The cisco site is not helping either. Thanks.

Bubba

dt1649651@yahoo.com

You have to set IP of different subnets for each interface. I guess you
use 192.168.1.xx 255.255.255.0 on serial 0 ?

DT

vtan

Most likely IP address/subnet overlapping.
What are the IP and subnet given to E0, S0 and S1?

"nkingcade" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Question: I have a 2500 router. I am addressing two subnets. Three
> interfaces. E0, S0, S1. I encounter a "192.168.1.25 overlaps the address

on
> serial0" error when I attempt to use this address on serial1. Can you

offer
> an explaination? I think I have a host ID problem. Is there any
> documentation on this issue? If so, please point me to it. I have

attempted
> to "Google" this one.No Joy. The cisco site is not helping either. Thanks.
>
> Bubba

Joe Beasley

> interfaces. E0, S0, S1. I encounter a "192.168.1.25 overlaps the address on
What are the ip addresses and subnet masks on all interfaces? Sounds like
the two addresses are on the same subnet.
--
Joe Beasley
<spam bait>

anurag asthana anurag asthana is offline
Junior Member

i was facing the same problem..

thing is, every interface in router is a different broadcast domain. Now if we will put ip addresses from the same broadcast domain then router will not accept it and it will give error.

solution: to resolve the issue do subnetting or use different ip address of diff nw

Last edited by anurag asthana; 06-07-2009 at 09:55 AM..