Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > new java group

new java group

Next Great Thing

Hi,

I've created a new group called java-unlimited. It is devoted to show
the unlimited power of the java technology and to to talk about all
the aspects of java.

So please feel free to join us.

http://groups.google.com/group/java-unlimited

Daniel Pitts

On Jan 29, 10:39 am, "Next Great Thing" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've created a new group called java-unlimited. It is devoted to show
> the unlimited power of the java technology and to to talk about all
> the aspects of java.
>
> So please feel free to join us.
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/java-unlimited

How is that any different than this group or any of the other groups
I'm sure you've spammed? Why do you feel the need to fracture? Do you
take offense to the way this group is run? Have you tried to
reconsile this?

Lew

Daniel Pitts wrote:
> How is that any different than this group or any of the other groups
> I'm sure you've spammed? Why do you feel the need to fracture? Do you
> take offense to the way this group is run? Have you tried to
> reconsile this?

Spammed, multi-posted and, no doubt, full of garbage like other multi-posted
spam crap.

- Lew

Patricia Shanahan

Daniel Pitts wrote:

> On Jan 29, 10:39 am, "Next Great Thing" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've created a new group called java-unlimited. It is devoted to show
>> the unlimited power of the java technology and to to talk about all
>> the aspects of java.
>>
>> So please feel free to join us.
>>
>> http://groups.google.com/group/java-unlimited

> How is that any different than this group or any of the other groups
> I'm sure you've spammed? Why do you feel the need to fracture? Do you
> take offense to the way this group is run? Have you tried to
> reconsile this?

Well, one obvious difference is that the new group is devoted to a
predetermined position that I disagree with. I think every programming
languages has its limits.

Patricia

Randolf Richardson

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 17:41:14 -0800, Patricia Shanahan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Daniel Pitts wrote:
>> On Jan 29, 10:39 am, "Next Great Thing" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've created a new group called java-unlimited. It is devoted to show
>>> the unlimited power of the java technology and to to talk about all
>>> the aspects of java.
>>>
>>> So please feel free to join us.
>>>
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/java-unlimited

>> How is that any different than this group or any of the other groups
>> I'm sure you've spammed? Why do you feel the need to fracture? Do you
>> take offense to the way this group is run? Have you tried to reconsile
>> this?

> Well, one obvious difference is that the new group is devoted to a
> predetermined position that I disagree with. I think every programming
> languages has its limits.

Machine Language (Assembler, etc.) offers the most freedom and
flexibility, but even it is also limited by what the computer and the
programmer can do.

--
Randolf Richardson - (E-Mail Removed)
The Lumber Cartel, local 42 (Canadian branch)

Alex Hunsley

Next Great Thing wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've created a new group called java-unlimited. It is devoted to show
> the unlimited power of the java technology and to to talk about all
> the aspects of java.
>
> So please feel free to join us.
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/java-unlimited

a) Java *isn't* unlimited. No language is, programming or otherwise, is.
b) Why the need to split off another group?

So, in summary, no thanks.

Alex Hunsley

Alex Hunsley wrote:
> Next Great Thing wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've created a new group called java-unlimited. It is devoted to show
>> the unlimited power of the java technology and to to talk about all
>> the aspects of java.
>>
>> So please feel free to join us.
>>
>> http://groups.google.com/group/java-unlimited

> a) Java *isn't* unlimited. No language is, programming or otherwise, is.
> b) Why the need to split off another group?
>
> So, in summary, no thanks.

Oh, and I forgot c): why would I want to limit myself to a google groups
forum? I like doing news (NNTP), not google groups. They're not the same
thing.

Lew

Alex Hunsley wrote:
> Oh, and I forgot c): why would I want to limit myself to a google groups
> forum? I like doing news (NNTP), not google groups. They're not the same
> thing.

Is Google Groups the reason why the OP's and others' posts post as answers to
themselves, sometimes repeatedly?

- Lew

Alex Hunsley

Lew wrote:
> Alex Hunsley wrote:
>> Oh, and I forgot c): why would I want to limit myself to a google
>> groups forum? I like doing news (NNTP), not google groups. They're not
>> the same thing.

> Is Google Groups the reason why the OP's and others' posts post as
> answers to themselves, sometimes repeatedly?

Possibly, I'm not sure! I think Google Groups are implicated in this
spate of multiposts - anyone know if this is the case?

Google groups (ex deja-news) was originally a way to view and post to
usenet, but nowadays Google have their own 'groups' which don't actually
go anywhere near Usenet proper - it's that sort of group which the OP
has set up, it seems....

lex

> - Lew

Chris Uppal

Lew wrote:

> Is Google Groups the reason why the OP's and others' posts post as
> answers to themselves, sometimes repeatedly?

Google Groups is the reason for all the evil in the world.

-- chris