Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Dynamic charting using Flash

Dynamic charting using Flash

vivekmahanta@gmail.com

I am trying to draw financial charts on my webpage displaying stock
prices and volumes that are updated very 5 mins. So, my chart should
be able to make changes to the chart as and when new data is added.
For this purpose I want to use Flash or any other application that
might make it possible. Do I need to have ColdFusion installed on the
web hosting server for this purpose ?? Any help in this matter will be
greatly appreciated. I have never programmed in Flash, but I am very
proficient in Java and C++, so if you can suggest anyway I can create
dynamic charts on my webpage then it will be really great.

Please reply,

Vivek

Andrew Thompson

On Jan 29, 4:29 pm, "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> I am trying to draw financial charts on my webpage displaying stock
> prices and volumes that are updated very 5 mins.

So why the 'flash' title? Don't confuse the gaol
with a strategy.

Oh, wait a second..
<http://groups.google.com/groups/profile?
enc_user=DJfBIhYAAACdgsOy1_o6BAEbt1K8PXWso4cocwWvD Vg2RHsu8f1bCg>

> ..Any help in this matter will be
> greatly appreciated.

1) To be taken seriously, refrain from multi-posting
the same question to 6 separate groups.
2) ...

Andrew T.

vivekmahanta@gmail.com

Well, I wanted to use flash for this purpose because it seems to be
the approach that bloomberg, yahoo finance and google finance have
taken. Can you suggest any better way ??

Vivek

On Jan 29, 12:53 am, "Andrew Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Jan 29, 4:29 pm, "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> > I am trying to draw financial charts on my webpage displaying stock
> > prices and volumes that are updated very 5 mins.So why the 'flash' title? Don't confuse the gaol

> with a strategy.
>
> Oh, wait a second..
> <http://groups.google.com/groups/profile?
> enc_user=DJfBIhYAAACdgsOy1_o6BAEbt1K8PXWso4cocwWvD Vg2RHsu8f1bCg>
>
> > ..Any help in this matter will be
> > greatly appreciated.1) To be taken seriously, refrain from multi-posting

> the same question to 6 separate groups.
> 2) ...
>
> Andrew T.

Oliver Wong

[post re-ordered for clarity]

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> On Jan 29, 12:53 am, "Andrew Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On Jan 29, 4:29 pm, "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > I am trying to draw financial charts on my webpage displaying stock
>> > prices and volumes that are updated very 5 mins.So why the 'flash'
>> > title? Don't confuse the gaol

>> with a strategy.
>>
>> Oh, wait a second..
>> <http://groups.google.com/groups/profile?
>> enc_user=DJfBIhYAAACdgsOy1_o6BAEbt1K8PXWso4cocwWvD Vg2RHsu8f1bCg>
>>
>> > ..Any help in this matter will be
>> > greatly appreciated.1) To be taken seriously, refrain from
>> > multi-posting

>> the same question to 6 separate groups.
>> 2) ...
>>
>> Andrew T.

> Well, I wanted to use flash for this purpose because it seems to be
> the approach that bloomberg, yahoo finance and google finance have
> taken. Can you suggest any better way ??

Write it as an applet. It'll be "better" if your metric for better is
"on topic for the newsgroup you are posting in".

- Oliver

Default Charting/Graph capabilities??? =?Utf-8?B?ZG90bmV0dGVzdGVy?= ASP .Net 3 07-23-2005 07:47 AM
Charting tool =?Utf-8?B?QW1pdCBCYW5zYWwgKHd3dy5wZW9wbGV3YXJlaW5kaWEuY29tKQ==?= ASP .Net 3 07-13-2005 07:11 PM
Charting options, commercial ISP =?Utf-8?B?VCBSYWx5YQ==?= ASP .Net 3 01-31-2005 01:55 PM
charting in asp.net Robin ASP .Net 4 11-05-2004 04:08 PM
Charting with ASP.NET DJ Dev ASP .Net 5 02-08-2004 12:30 AM

Advertisments