Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Certification Question from old CCNA

Certification Question from old CCNA

jds

I earned my CCNA back in 2000. Since then I have been busy doing a lot
of router and firewall work. I looked at the test materials for the
CCNP and CCSP certifications and thought I would go ahead and take
those exams. My question is this: Do I need to retake the CCNA exam or
can I just start taking the CCNP exams. Does anyone know the answer. I
emailed Cisco and never heard back.

Joe Scharbrough

Chris

"jds" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I earned my CCNA back in 2000. Since then I have been busy doing a lot
> of router and firewall work. I looked at the test materials for the
> CCNP and CCSP certifications and thought I would go ahead and take
> those exams. My question is this: Do I need to retake the CCNA exam or
> can I just start taking the CCNP exams. Does anyone know the answer. I
> emailed Cisco and never heard back.
>
> Joe Scharbrough
> (E-Mail Removed)

You could take the exams for the CCNP and CCSP but you would not qualify
until you had also passed the CCNA again. Yours will have expired by now.

Chris.

Old certification track vs new certification track. Barkley Hughes MCAD 5 11-12-2006 02:41 PM
Free CCNA Tests, Free Cisco CCNA Notes,CCNA Practice Exam, IT Certification Tips,640-801 Exam Info quratulainz@yahoo.com MCSE 4 08-07-2006 03:38 PM
Free CCNA Tests, Free Cisco CCNA Notes,CCNA Practice Exam, IT Certification Tips,640-801 Exam Info quratulainz@yahoo.com MCSE 0 08-04-2006 10:09 AM
Free CCNA Tests, Free Cisco CCNA Notes,CCNA Practice Exam, IT Certification Tips,640-801 Exam Info quratulainz@yahoo.com Cisco 0 08-04-2006 10:04 AM
CCNA - CCNA RECERT TEST Harley D. Cisco 3 04-28-2004 07:19 PM

Advertisments