Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > JTextField Unicode Mysql

JTextField Unicode Mysql

Badshah

> To be direct, do you now understand what is meant
> by multi-posting? Top-posting?
>
> Andrew T.

I have to write here. Is it right ? And for your answer I dont want
the answer.
The internet is made to make the things easier not tougher & not to
waste time.

Thanx.

Andrew Thompson

On Jan 29, 5:02 pm, "Badshah" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > To be direct, do you now understand what is meant
> > by multi-posting? Top-posting?

And the answere to these qestions are what?
Please break into that, and put one answer
for each question.*

> I have to write here. Is it right ?

You do not 'have to write here', given there are
a variety of ways to resolve the technical problem
(including employing the services of a help-desk, or
consultant).

As far as seeking technical help on public
forums, you seem to be posting to a group
for technically savy programmers, whereas it
seems you are new to Java. A better group might be..
comp.lang.java.help

(* Note how I am participating in *your* discussion
by answering your question - I get a little frustrated
when you in turn - ignore *my* questions)

> ...And for your answer I dont want
> the answer.
> The internet ..

This is *not* the internet. It is a usenet newsgroup.
Usenet newsgroups predate the internet.

>...is made to make the things easier

Usenet newsgroups were devised to allow
people to disscuss (argue, joke, help) on
topics of mutual interest to the people who
read and post to that group.

>...not tougher & not to waste time.

So stop wasting *ours*. You seem to be
discussing this entirely from your own
perspective. Have you even considered this
from the point of view of the three people who
have so far participated in this discussion?

And as an aside. RGB gave you a tip on the
correct technical path to follow, so it seems you
are making posts to this group ..complaining(?)
of your treatment here, when you could be
researching the solution to your technical
problem, or asking for whatever further details
you might need to get it working.

So my suggestion is - stop wasting *your*
time bleating how you are so hard up -
work the *problem*.

Andrew T.

Andrew Thompson

On Jan 29, 5:45 pm, "Andrew Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Jan 29, 5:02 pm, "Badshah" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > > To be direct, do you now understand what is meant
> > > by multi-posting? Top-posting?And the answere to these qestions are what?

> Please break into that, and put one answer
> for each question.*
>
> > I have to write here. Is it right ?

> You do not 'have to write here', ..

(big trim..)

My deepest apologies. Most of my reply was
driven by a deep misunderstanding of what
you wrote, and frustration based on my
alternate (wrong) understanding.

I realise now, that you *were* answering the
*second* of the questions I asked. Silly me!

In reply, *yes*. Putting replies *below* the text it
refers to, is known as 'bottom-posting'. That (along
with the fine art of trimming) is the better way to go
about getting help.

Note that I am still not entirely convinced that you
understand what *multi-posting* is, or whether you
would make similar multi-posts in future.
(That is far more problematic than top-posting)

Andrew T.

Badshah

> Note that I am still not entirely convinced that you
> understand what *multi-posting* is, or whether you
> would make similar multi-posts in future.

No I got what is multiposting. I will try not to post same question in
different groups.

Badshah

On Jan 29, 8:36 pm, "Badshah" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >On Jan 29, 5:45 pm, "Andrew Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Note that I am still not entirely convinced that you
> > understand what *multi-posting* is, or whether you
> > would make similar multi-posts in future.

> I will try not to post same question in
> different groups.

Thank you.

How are you going with the technical problem?

Last I heard, RedGrittyBrick had given some
tips on encodings(?).

Andrew T.

Lew

Badshah wrote:
> No I got what is multiposting. I will try not to post same question
> in different groups.

FYI, it is OK to post in more than one group simultaneously (but not too many)
if you cross-post instead of multi-post.

- Lew