Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > JTextField Unicode Mysql

JTextField Unicode Mysql

Badshah

Hello Friends, How are you ? I am Sohil. I am here with a problem

I am creating a text editor that will store data in mySql database. I
want to get the data in text field. I am having "♥" character in
database.

Select * from bank_master;
+---------+-----------+
| Bank_Id | Bank_Name |
+---------+-----------+
| 3 | ♥ |
+---------+-----------+

I am not able to display this character in textbox. The text box is
showing a rectangle  instead of that character.

textfield.setText(rs.getString("Bank_Name"));

But, when I am retriving the character from text box and display it on
the command prompt console it shows right character ie. "♥"

System.out.println(textfield.getText());

I am not able to get the problem here.

Sohil Surti

Andrew Thompson

On Jan 27, 3:45 pm, "Badshah" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hello Friends, How are you ?

Inundated with multi-posters coming out of
Google Groups, is how I am (i.e. annoyed).

In future, please x-post, rather than multi-post.

(X-post to c.l.j.p./g./h., w/ f-u to c.l.j.h. only)

Andrew T.

Badshah

Hello Friend, I am sorry . But please explain in detail what you mean
to say ? I am not able to understand. What is x-post & multi-postl.
Please reply.

On Jan 27, 10:31 am, "Andrew Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Jan 27, 3:45 pm, "Badshah" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Hello Friends, How are you ?Inundated with multi-posters coming out of

> Google Groups, is how I am (i.e. annoyed).
>
> In future, please x-post, rather than multi-post.
>
> (X-post to c.l.j.p./g./h., w/ f-u to c.l.j.h. only)
>
> Andrew T.

Andrew Thompson

On Jan 27, 5:28 pm, "Badshah" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hello Friend, I am sorry .

Don't be sorry. Instead, put some research into
the best ways to get help.

>...But please explain in detail what you mean
> to say ? I am not able to understand. What is x-post & multi-postl.

Please research in detail..
<http://www.google.com/search?q=multi-post+usenet>

> Please reply.

...and while you are at that research, also check out..
<http://www.google.com/search?q=top-post+usenet>
(and refrain from doing that in future, as well).

Andrew T.

RedGrittyBrick

Badshah wrote:
> Hello Friend, I am sorry .

Hello Badash, you might like to find out about top-posting too ...

In newsgroups like this, it is accepted practice to put your reply BELOW
the quoted text that you are replying too. Interleave replies so that
the conversation can be read from top to bottom.

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top-posting>

> But please explain in detail what you mean
> to say ? I am not able to understand. What is x-post & multi-postl.
> Please reply.

multi-posting is when you separately post several copies message to more
than one newsgroup. People waste time answering your question because
they don't know that someone in another newsgroup has already answered
it. Other people with the same problem may not see an answer in another
newsgroup they dont subscribe to. People who subscribe to several
newsgroups get tired of reading the same message many times in different
newsgroups. In short, multi-posting annoys many of the people you want
to help you.

cross-posting is when you post a single message to several newsgroups.
<http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/xpost.html>

In general, it is best to post to one newsgroup.

> On Jan 27, 10:31 am, "Andrew Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On Jan 27, 3:45 pm, "Badshah" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Friends, How are you ?Inundated with multi-posters coming out of

>> Google Groups, is how I am (i.e. annoyed).
>>
>> In future, please x-post, rather than multi-post.

As for your original question, you need to make sure you are using a
font which includes a glyph for the character you want to display. How
you do this depends on whether you are using Swing, JSP or something
else (you didn't say). My random guess is that you need to specify a
suitable web-safe font in your CSS stylesheet.

Badshah

Thanx for the reply RedGrittyBrick.Ok i will check for the font.
On Jan 27, 8:44 pm, RedGrittyBrick <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> Badshah wrote:
> > Hello Friend, I am sorry .Hello Badash, you might like to find out about top-posting too ...

> In newsgroups like this, it is accepted practice to put your reply BELOW
> the quoted text that you are replying too. Interleave replies so that
> the conversation can be read from top to bottom.
>
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top-posting>
>
> > But please explain in detail what you mean
> > to say ? I am not able to understand. What is x-post & multi-postl.
> > Please reply.multi-posting is when you separately post several copies message to more

> than one newsgroup. People waste time answering your question because
> they don't know that someone in another newsgroup has already answered
> it. Other people with the same problem may not see an answer in another
> newsgroup they dont subscribe to. People who subscribe to several
> newsgroups get tired of reading the same message many times in different
> newsgroups. In short, multi-posting annoys many of the people you want
> to help you.
>
> cross-posting is when you post a single message to several newsgroups.
> <http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/xpost.html>
>
> In general, it is best to post to one newsgroup.

> >> Google Groups, is how I am (i.e. annoyed).

> >> In future, please x-post, rather than multi-post.As for your original question, you need to make sure you are using a

> font which includes a glyph for the character you want to display. How
> you do this depends on whether you are using Swing, JSP or something
> else (you didn't say). My random guess is that you need to specify a
> suitable web-safe font in your CSS stylesheet.

Lew

Badshah wrote [Note the top-posting and run-together of responses, rendering
the message nearly unreadable]:

> Thanx for the reply RedGrittyBrick.Ok i will check for the font.
> On Jan 27, 8:44 pm, RedGrittyBrick <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>> Badshah wrote:
>> you might like to find out about top-posting too ...
>> In newsgroups like this, it is accepted practice to put your reply BELOW
>> the quoted text that you are replying too. Interleave replies so that
>> the conversation can be read from top to bottom.
>>
>> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top-posting>

Apparently you missed the point that both Andrew and RedGrittyBrick made about
top posting. You quoted it, but did you follow it? Did you read the links?
Did you think about their advice?

Andrew Thompson wrote:
> ..and while you are at that research, also check out..
> <http://www.google.com/search?q=top-post+usenet>
> (and refrain from doing that in future, as well).

Yet another link. Have you tried these links that people helpfully have
offered? What is your opinion of the matter?

- Lew

Badshah

Instead of answering my original question , why do you go in such
discussions. I dont understand. If you dont know the answer then its
ok. Its ok that I have done some mistakes but with suggestion please
try to answer my question also.
I am working in Swing.

Thanx.

Andrew Thompson

On Jan 29, 4:32 pm, "Badshah" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Instead of answering my original question , why do you go in such
> discussions. I dont understand.

Please try to understand.
- If your post is hard to read, fewer people will
read or understand it.
- These are *dicsussion* *forums* where people
talk about Java, not *help* *desks* where people
'fix your code'.

>...If you dont know the answer then its
> ok.

Of course it is. That does not mean it is OK
for you to make a single post to a number of
groups, then ignore the advice you are given
about not doing that, while also confusing people
with the habit of putting replies in 'reverse'*.

>..Its ok that I have done some mistakes but with suggestion please
> try to answer my question also.

Sure, as soon as you show any sign of listenning
to the suggestions already offered. Most people
here will not help until you show some signs of
joining our discussion group, as opposed to simply
coming here to 'get yous codes fixed'.

* Note that your latest post was not 'top-posted' in
the sense that the entire previous conversation was
trimmed.

To be direct, do you now understand what is meant
by multi-posting? Top-posting?

Andrew T.

Badshah

On Jan 29, 10:48 am, "Andrew Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Jan 29, 4:32 pm, "Badshah" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Instead of answering my original question , why do you go in such
> > discussions. I dont understand.Please try to understand.

> - If your post is hard to read, fewer people will
> read or understand it.
> - These are *dicsussion* *forums* where people
> talk about Java, not *help* *desks* where people
> 'fix your code'.
>
> >...If you dont know the answer then its
> > ok.Of course it is. That does not mean it is OK

> for you to make a single post to a number of
> groups, then ignore the advice you are given
> about not doing that, while also confusing people
> with the habit of putting replies in 'reverse'*.
>
> >..Its ok that I have done some mistakes but with suggestion please
> > try to answer my question also.Sure, as soon as you show any sign of listenning

> to the suggestions already offered. Most people
> here will not help until you show some signs of
> joining our discussion group, as opposed to simply
> coming here to 'get yous codes fixed'.
>
> * Note that your latest post was not 'top-posted' in
> the sense that the entire previous conversation was
> trimmed.
>
> To be direct, do you now understand what is meant
> by multi-posting? Top-posting?
>
> Andrew T.

Is it ok ?