Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > JMFPerformance Pack on Linux doesn't work properly (MPEG1-2)

JMFPerformance Pack on Linux doesn't work properly (MPEG1-2)

lucas.shuun@gmail.com

Hi all,
we are working on a java application and our base requirement is to
show MPEG1 and MPEG2 video (with audio) on Linux platform.
We obtained a good result on Windows using JMF Performance Pack and
jffmpeg library.

Using JMF Performance Pack with Linux the result was a black screen
with the following error:
"Failed to initialize audio for mpx."

Using the Cross Platform version of JMF the result was better (but not
enough) with MPEG 1.
Instead the execution of MPEG2 videos return the following error
message:
"Unable to handle format".

These are the software versions we used:
JRE 1.5.0_10-b03
JMF Performance Pack for Linux 2.1.1e
Jffmpeg-1.1.0.jar

Any kind of suggestion or comment is moooore than welcome.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Lucas