Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Distinguishing failure

Distinguishing failure

seye.ojumu@gmail.com

i'm trying to determine if there's a way in java dnd to distinguish
between the types of drop failure. specifically, i'm trying to see if
the drag was canceled by using esc. i've tried keybindings,
keylisteners -- but the callbacks aren't firing. i don't know if it is
because some other component takes focus when a drag begins or if the
drag is intercepting the events.

any ideas or pointers?

Andrew Thompson

> any ideas or pointers?

Try using the shift key at the start of each
sentence. It might have inspired me to
continue reading your technical problem.

Also, a distinct and specific title helps attract
the attention of the people who might help.
Your title makes me think you are referring
to titles for either some boring 19th century
english play, or an equally boring management
instruction book.

Andrew T.

Randolf Richardson

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 05:11:00 -0800, (E-Mail Removed)
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> i'm trying to determine if there's a way in java dnd to distinguish
> between the types of drop failure. specifically, i'm trying to see if
> the drag was canceled by using esc. i've tried keybindings,
> keylisteners -- but the callbacks aren't firing. i don't know if it is
> because some other component takes focus when a drag begins or if the
> drag is intercepting the events.
>
> any ideas or pointers?

It may be a keyboard problem since your shift key doesn't seem to be
firing either.

--
Randolf Richardson - (E-Mail Removed)
The Lumber Cartel, local 42 (Canadian branch)