Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Manipulate Crystal Reports file using java stand alone application

Manipulate Crystal Reports file using java stand alone application

sargiriou@gmail.com

Hi everyone,

We are using Crystal Reports 10 atm and IBM Rational Studio 6.
I have some issue that i could really use your help :

1) I need to use a java stand alone application that does the following

i) Export the .rpt report to .pdf format
ii) Save , print , update a report (not all at the same time).

2) I have read that this can be done by using JSP on an Application
server. Keep in mind that i have no
former experience in JSP or in installing and setting up an
application server. So if this the only way of
doing my job can u please point out some tutorials or some sample
code?

I really would like it on java stand alone.I am currently using a trial
version of Crystal reports XI and i want to know if we should buy it in
order rto accomplish the jobs mentioned.If the above can be done
without CR XI it's even better :}

Thanx a lot in advance .All help is appreciated