Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > a statefull ejb doesn't get the timeout.

a statefull ejb doesn't get the timeout.

Tiwkiz

We've been trying to find a solution for having a statefull ejb doesn't get
the timeout.

We are going to have a universal session table in database. Every 2,3
seconds( this period of time is shorter than the timeout set in application
server ) ejb is going to update the session updated time in order to prove
the session existed a couple of seconds ago. If an user is disconnected from
logout or network problem, the server knows the session wasn't updated and
clean this session.

This doesn't sound good but only solution we found so far. setting the big
number timeout value doesn't work because if the user is disconnected from
network cable problem there is no way for the server to know.

If there is a better way please let me know.

Daniel Dyer

On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 20:38:32 -0000, Tiwkiz <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> We've been trying to find a solution for having a statefull ejb doesn't
> get
> the timeout.

The EJB Timer Service cannot be used with stateful session beans, only
with entity beans and stateless session beans.

Dan.

--
Daniel Dyer
https://watchmaker.dev.java.net - Evolutionary Algorithm Framework for Java