Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Java Development Web Book

Java Development Web Book

Berlin Brown

I am considering putting together a book for java (semi with a focus on
web development), putting it on the web. I have source for all of
these areas, I am not a professional writer, but putting these
resources in the same place may be useful.

"Java Book, also includes a focus on Modern Web Development"

- 1 Introduction
- 2 Java Basics
- 3 File I/O Basics
- 4 XML Processing and DOM4J
- 5 The Eclipse IDE (including typical plugins svn, etc)
- 6 Servlets
- 7 Servlets and JSPs
- 8 Working with Tomcat
- 9 Ant and builds with java
- 10 Junit
- 11 JDBC and MySQL
- 12 Hibernate
- 13 JRuby/Jython/Grails
- 14 Spring
- 15 Spring MVC and J2EE Web Application Development
- 16 Spring MVC and Acegi Security (restricting access and
authentication)
- 17 Basic Wicket Development
- 18 Basic EJB (3.0?)
- 19 JBoss Basic Setup (What is JBoss)
- 20 JBoss and JMS
- 21 Tomcat and OpenLDAP
- 22 Regex and Pattern Matching
- 23 Writing a simple interpreter in Java
- 24 Java and Functional Programming with Scala
- 25 Java Best Practices
- 26 Java Job Interview Questions

Berlin Brown
http://www.botspiritcompany.com/botlist