Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Non Serializable

Non Serializable

andrewzzz

What is a a non serializable object and class and how do I recognize
them?
Thank you guys!

Andrew Thompson

andrewzzz wrote:
> What is a a non serializable object and class

One that does not implement 'Serializable'

>.. and how do I recognize them?

Perhaps *you* should finish this homework*.

* /google the rest/do some legwork..

Andrew T.

ck

andrewzzz wrote:
> What is a a non serializable object and class and how do I recognize
> them?
> Thank you guys!

Any class that does not implement Serializable interface (implicitly or
explicitly) would be non serializable class, and its object would non
serializable objects. Classes that do not implement this interface will
not have any of their state serialized or deserialized.

Cheers,
Ck
http://www.gfour.net

Daniel Dyer

On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 12:00:53 -0000, Andrew Thompson
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> andrewzzz wrote:
>> What is a a non serializable object and class

> One that does not implement 'Serializable'

A class can implement Serializable and still not be serializable. This is
the case if it has any non-Serializable, non-transient instance fields.

Dan.

--
Daniel Dyer
http://www.uncommons.org

Andrew Thompson

Daniel Dyer wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 12:00:53 -0000, Andrew Thompson
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > andrewzzz wrote:
> >> What is a a non serializable object and class

> > One that does not implement 'Serializable'

> A ...

'do some legwork.. '

Andrew T.