Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > sentmail problem

sentmail problem

siraj

hi
i am doing a project using JavaMail API with JSP and James server
i have implemented sendmail,compose. but i wanna know how can i
implement sentmail as it is seen in the real application.
I wanna know what can i should do to retrieve the mails sent from an
account using James

Laurent D.A.M. MENTEN

siraj wrote:
> hi
> i am doing a project using JavaMail API with JSP and James server
> i have implemented sendmail,compose. but i wanna know how can i
> implement sentmail as it is seen in the real application.
> I wanna know what can i should do to retrieve the mails sent from an
> account using James

First of all, sendmail has nothing to do with e-mail composing or
retrieving, it implementents a protocol known as SMTP and its purpose is
moslty about e-mail delivery and the "path" it has to take. On the other
hand, e-mails retrieving is done using another protocols like POP3 or
IMAP and James server provides both of them. Have a look at the
following documents:

POP3: http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1939.txt
IMAP: http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2060.txt
SMTP: http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc0821.txt