Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Applets and File handlings

Applets and File handlings

AnetaKvel

hai,
i need help in File handling and applets by theory the Applets cannot
access a file,but for a Dynamic content creation my project needs to
access the XML file,is there any other way to create a dynamic content
holding using applets,if so please suggets me the available options in
java Technology
Thank you in Advance

Andrew Thompson

AnetaKvel wrote:
> hai,

What language is that?

> i need help in File handling and applets by theory the Applets cannot
> access a file,

Of course they can. They simply need to be
signed and trusted, though...

>...but for a Dynamic content creation my project needs to
> access the XML file,is there any other way to create a dynamic content
> holding using applets,

...web-start makes it even easier - files can be opened and
saved (using the JNLP API) even by unsigned applications.

Andrew T.

Applets vs JavaScript -- file I/O in public terminals Kevin C. Javascript 1 08-25-2005 04:31 PM
File handlings Glodalec Perl Misc 3 02-03-2004 10:43 PM
Security Exception in simple (no file accessing) Applets? Andre M. Maier Java 0 12-03-2003 02:15 PM
Java applets and SQL Neil Bisby Java 4 09-12-2003 11:02 AM
Java applets and access to other "clients"! Rune Andresen Java 2 08-24-2003 09:00 PM

Advertisments