Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Need help with javax.jnlp.SingleInstanceService

Need help with javax.jnlp.SingleInstanceService

steve.albin@gmail.com

I have a Swing application (using Java 5) that is launched via Web
Start and I am trying to use the javax.jnlp.SingleInstanceService so
that there is only one instance of my application running and so that I
can pass new parameters to it whenever the user attempts to launch
another instance. Unfortunately I can't get a sample to work and the
documentation is sparse. Can anyone who has used this service provide
guidelines or sample code?

Thank you,
Steve A.

Andrew Thompson

>....Unfortunately I can't get a sample to work ..

Lazy, is it?*

>..and the documentation is sparse.

<http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/javaws/developersguide/examples.html#SingleInstanceService>

It looks pretty straightforward. What's missing?

* You might put up** a simple, 30 line example
for us to test, which will provide information that
is a lot more specific and useful than 'it does not
work'.

** 'Up' as in, on the net, where all those handy little
URL's are, as opposed to on your home PC, on which
we cannot test.

Andrew T.