Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Change jre display language

Change jre display language

Emilio

Hi,
I've installed jre 6 I can't find any option to change the display
language for the java control panel or java console. I have win xp in
English but with a Spanish country setting. I know if I change the
regional setting to English it will run the java control panel in
english but Idon't want to change the computer settings to achieve
this.
Thanks

Real Gagnon

> I've installed jre 6 I can't find any option to change the display
> language for the java control panel or java console. I have win xp in
> English but with a Spanish country setting. I know if I change the
> regional setting to English it will run the java control panel in
> english but Idon't want to change the computer settings to achieve
> this.

For the Java console, in java control panel - java tab, you can set
parameters for JRE Applet runtime.

Specify -Duser.language=en to override the default locale.

As for the java control panel itself, I don't know.

Bye.

--
Real Gagnon from Quebec, Canada
* Looking for Java or PB code examples ? Visit Real's How-to

Emilio

Thanks but I was looking for the jre language option (java control
panel and java console). I think in an old version there was and option
at the java control to change it's display language but from version 5
or so it's gone, it takes the language preference from the computer and
so far nodoby nows how to override this