Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Security restrictions in signed applets

Security restrictions in signed applets

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

> I needed to sign the jar containing JAIN-SIP as well as the jar
> containing my applet. I thought I only had to sign the jar with the
> JApplet class in it because I thought permissions were based on the
> call stack. In other words I thought calling the SIP library from my
> signed applet would give the library the permissions it needed.
> Apparently permissions are based on the jar from which the class was
> loaded.

This is why it is called codebased security.

If you look at a security policy file it will be
rather clear how it works.

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/...tml#FileSyntax
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/....html#Examples

Arne

Weird about signed applets ... PMA Java 1 04-25-2006 01:49 PM
what are signed applets ? gk Java 3 11-22-2005 01:32 PM
Restrictions on a Signed applet Gerrit Hulleman Java 1 07-03-2004 04:15 AM
Creating Signed Applets Manjari Java 3 02-24-2004 08:40 PM
RSA signed applets Rune Andresen Java 2 09-16-2003 08:39 PM

Advertisments