Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > A problem about using xfire to replace axis

A problem about using xfire to replace axis

billdavidcn@gmail.com

I am not sure this thread should be post here. It's a problem about
using two different SOAP engine: axis and xfire to implement my web
service.
We used to implement my web service with axis, but to have a better
performance, we choose xfire at last and made necessary change to our
implementation. Everything goes well. But today, the test team reports
the soap message they sent with testing tool can't be rightly resolved
by xfire (it's all OK when we use axis.).
But with another web service client created with WebLogic workshop,
both implementation of web services can be accessed successfully. A
detail comparsion shows: when we use xfire, to a complex type which
belongs to some namespace, we must use a distinct namespace before the
complex type, for example:
<xoperation xmlns="http://xxx/v2_2/local">
<reference>
<endpoint>http://192.169.1.115:38080/</endpoint>
<interfaceName>123456789</interfaceName>
<correlator>906366161</correlator>
</reference>
is not acceptable by xfire, while the following package:
<abcoperation xmlns:abc="http://xxx/v2_2/local">
<abc:reference>
<endpoint>http://192.169.1.115:38080/</endpoint>
<interfaceName>123456789</interfaceName>
<correlator>906366161</correlator>
</abc:reference>
is acceptable.
But to me, I think the two formats are same. What's your opinion?
Although the 2nd format is obviously correct, since
endpoint/interfaceName/correlator does not belong to namespace abc, I
can't find any evidence why the 1st format is wrong and why axis can
parse it correctly.

BTW:
the following is xsd of SimpleReference:
<xsd:complexType name="SimpleReference">
<xsd:sequence>
<xsd:element name="endpoint" type="xsd:anyURI"/>
<xsd:element name="interfaceName" type="xsd:string"/>
<xsd:element name="correlator" type="xsd:string"/>
</xsd:sequence>
</xsd:complexType>

Tomek

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) napisal(a):

> But with another web service client created with WebLogic workshop,
> both implementation of web services can be accessed successfully. A
> detail comparsion shows: when we use xfire, to a complex type which
> belongs to some namespace, we must use a distinct namespace before the
> complex type, for example:
> <xoperation xmlns="http://xxx/v2_2/local">
> <reference>
> <endpoint>http://192.169.1.115:38080/</endpoint>
> <interfaceName>123456789</interfaceName>
> <correlator>906366161</correlator>
> </reference>
> is not acceptable by xfire, while the following package:
> <abcoperation xmlns:abc="http://xxx/v2_2/local">
> <abc:reference>
> <endpoint>http://192.169.1.115:38080/</endpoint>
> <interfaceName>123456789</interfaceName>
> <correlator>906366161</correlator>
> </abc:reference>
> is acceptable

You should post it on XFire users mailing list or even create jira
issue with this problem :
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/Brow....jspa?id=10750

Codehuse XFire and DTD shenhav.yossi@gmail.com Java 0 02-28-2008 10:57 AM
WebServices with Xfire Massagran Java 1 10-03-2006 02:29 PM
Consuming XFire Webservice Ali1980 Java 3 07-06-2006 12:38 PM
Aerocool XFire CPU Cooler @ ThinkComputers.org Silverstrand Front Page News 0 05-12-2006 03:25 AM
AXIS jars org.apache.axis.wsi.* and org.apache.axis.transport.jms.* unkwb@web.de Java 0 02-23-2005 04:02 PM

Advertisments