Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > telematics applications

telematics applications

quynhpham@gmail.com

Hi all,
I wonder if anyone here has experience in writing telematics
applications in java or j2me? I want to write a simple app to detect
the speed of a driving vehicle and send it to a server. I wonder what
does it take to do so? Can I buy a gps system (ie: a handheld with a
gps receiver) and incorporate my program in there or I can make my own
system which include a speed sensor, and whatnot? Any thoughts from
the experienced profressionals would be greatly appreciated.

Have a great holiday

Quinnie