Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > lang, util, io, text (optional) packages

lang, util, io, text (optional) packages

NickName

Hi,

Following an advice on getting started with the very foundametal
elements of java, would one one write some simple and yet elegant code
sample using some core methods from java.lang, java.util and java.io
(optional) and java.text (optional) packages? And if this little thing
is fun for you, I'd appreciate it.

TIA.

Oliver Wong

"NickName" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hi,
>
> Following an advice on getting started with the very foundametal
> elements of java, would one one write some simple and yet elegant code
> sample using some core methods from java.lang, java.util and java.io
> (optional) and java.text (optional) packages? And if this little thing
> is fun for you, I'd appreciate it.

You're asking someone to post source code using classes from the above
packages?

- Oliver

NickName

Oliver Wong wrote:
> "NickName" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > Following an advice on getting started with the very foundametal
> > elements of java, would one one write some simple and yet elegant code
> > sample using some core methods from java.lang, java.util and java.io
> > (optional) and java.text (optional) packages? And if this little thing
> > is fun for you, I'd appreciate it.

> You're asking someone to post source code using classes from the above
> packages?
>
> - Oliver

Yes, exactly, sorry, I hesitated a second on "using core methods", it
should be "using core classes".

Oliver Wong

"NickName" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...

> Oliver Wong wrote:
>> "NickName" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Following an advice on getting started with the very foundametal
>> > elements of java, would one one write some simple and yet elegant code
>> > sample using some core methods from java.lang, java.util and java.io
>> > (optional) and java.text (optional) packages? And if this little thing
>> > is fun for you, I'd appreciate it.

>> You're asking someone to post source code using classes from the
>> above
>> packages?
>>

> Yes, exactly

http://www.exampledepot.com/egs/java.util/pkg.html
http://www.exampledepot.com/egs/java.io/pkg.html
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/chanl.../examples.html
http://www.exampledepot.com/egs/java.text/pkg.html

- Oliver

Oliver Wong

"Oliver Wong" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:yshih.129844$(E-Mail Removed). ..

> "NickName" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>>
>> Oliver Wong wrote:
>>>
>>> You're asking someone to post source code using classes from the
>>> above
>>> packages?
>>>

>> Yes, exactly

> http://www.exampledepot.com/egs/java.util/pkg.html
> http://www.exampledepot.com/egs/java.io/pkg.html
> http://java.sun.com/docs/books/chanl.../examples.html
> http://www.exampledepot.com/egs/java.text/pkg.html

Oops, forgot to mention how I found these. I googled for "java.util
examples", "java.io examples", and "java.text examples".

- Oliver

NickName

Oliver Wong wrote:
> "NickName" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> >
> > Oliver Wong wrote:
> >> "NickName" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> > [..]
> >
> > Yes, exactly

> http://www.exampledepot.com/egs/java.util/pkg.html
> http://www.exampledepot.com/egs/java.io/pkg.html
> http://java.sun.com/docs/books/chanl.../examples.html
> http://www.exampledepot.com/egs/java.text/pkg.html
>
> - Oliver

The references are great, thanks, however, it would be more
fun/interesting when some java guru writes some little code that seems
to solve a particular problem or even several problems at one shot,
that's the reason why I did not google for it (notice my post entitled
"alias"? the results of which is quite fruitful and fun).

Andrew Thompson

NickName wrote:
> ...that's the reason why I did not google for it (notice my post entitled
> "alias"? the results of which is quite fruitful and fun).

The title was so stupid and boring I did not bother
to read the thread content. This title was less stupid,
it got me curious enough to read the post and determine
if you deserved further attention..

Andrew T.

NickName

Addition to my OP. Use one sample code to cover three packages of
java.lang (implicit), java.util and java.io. And make it fun, are you
able to?

TIA.

Andrew Thompson wrote:
> NickName wrote:
> > ...that's the reason why I did not google for it (notice my post entitled
> > "alias"? the results of which is quite fruitful and fun).

> The title was so stupid and boring I did not bother
> to read the thread content. This title was less stupid,
> it got me curious enough to read the post and determine
> if you deserved further attention..
>
> Andrew T.

Ok, you have a point. But you did not address the problem in question,
so, in that sense, useless.

Oliver Wong

"NickName" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Addition to my OP. Use one sample code to cover three packages of
> java.lang (implicit), java.util and java.io. And make it fun, are you
> able to?
>
> TIA.

Because of the strange way human psychology works, when you make it
sound like you're "tricking us" into helping you (e.g. by masquerading the
request for help as a challenge or contest), we're less likely to help you,
despite the fact that had you just asked straightforwardly, we would have
been willing to help you for free. Crazy, isn't it? I'll never understand
the human mind...

Good luck with your challenge, though.

- Oliver

Mike Schilling

"NickName" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hi,
>
> Following an advice on getting started with the very foundametal
> elements of java, would one one write some simple and yet elegant code
> sample using some core methods from java.lang, java.util and java.io
> (optional) and java.text (optional) packages?

Sure; what kind of hourly rate were you thinking of paying?