Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > who can help me download the source code?

who can help me download the source code?

John Ersatznom

Andrew Thompson wrote:
>>You have a crappy internet provider then. (Wireless?

> Huh? Is that a brand/ISP or type?

*does double take* you've never heard of wireless internet?

>>Verizon?

> Huh? Do they operate in Australia?

Haven't a clue, but if not, count your lucky stars.

> ( and most importantly, do either of these provide
> the ..60 Gig for $32.95 a month

No, but my local cable company provides 60 gigs monthly transfer limit
and 5Mbps up, 128K down for around $40-50 a month (USD). I'm given to
understand these figures are fairly typical for broadband throughout
North America. Elsewhere, YMMV, but if things are substantially shoddier
than this at every single provider in your area, you might want to think
about moving out of kangaroo country entirely. Broadband penetration,
speed, price, and competition are supposedly best in Europe, so you
might get lower rates still there than in North America.

Brandon McCombs

John Ersatznom wrote:
> Andrew Thompson wrote:
>>> You have a crappy internet provider then. (Wireless?

>> Huh? Is that a brand/ISP or type?

> *does double take* you've never heard of wireless internet?
>
>>> Verizon?

>> Huh? Do they operate in Australia?

> Haven't a clue, but if not, count your lucky stars.
>
>> ( and most importantly, do either of these provide
>> the ..60 Gig for $32.95 a month

> No, but my local cable company provides 60 gigs monthly transfer limit
> and 5Mbps up, 128K down for around $40-50 a month (USD). I'm given to

I think you mean 5Mbps down (in the direction of the provider to
customer hence the term "download") and 128Kbps up. I have TimeWarner
(cable modem) and get 6Mbps down and I think 512Kbps up for $50/month
(USD). No monthly limit but I've done 20 or 30 gigs in a month and they
haven't said anything. I do that much maybe 2 times a year and haven't
had a complaint yet.

Brandon McCombs wrote:
>> No, but my local cable company provides 60 gigs monthly transfer limit
>> and 5Mbps up, 128K down for around $40-50 a month (USD). I'm given to

> I think you mean 5Mbps down and 128Kbps up.

Normally I'd agree, but I'm currently on top of the world after beating
a fairly nasty roguelike for the 5th consecutive time.

Jeff

Andrew Thompson wrote:
> John Ersatznom wrote:
> > Andrew Thompson wrote:
> > > That link quikly leads to here..
> > > <http://www.hibernate.org/400.html>
> > > Which mentions three Zip files down the bottom of the
> > > page that come to ..56 Megabytes!
> > > Crap, no way! To download things of that size, I would
> > > generally use a local computer store, as that download
> > > would use up half of an entire month's usage limit for my
> > > home account!

> > You have a crappy internet provider then. (Wireless?

> Huh? Is that a brand/ISP or type?
>
> > Verizon?

> Huh? Do they operate in Australia?
>
> ( and most importantly, do either of these provide
> the ..60 Gig for $32.95 a month
>
> Andrew T.

Yeah, but it took me only 3 minutes to download the files and another 3
to send them to him. 56 Meg (not gig) really isn't that bad these
days...
/js