Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > GRE tunnel through firewall

GRE tunnel through firewall

Comnet

Hello all,

I am trying to setup a GRE tunnel between 2 routers, one of which is located
behind an Astaro firewall. I have setup NAT and packet filter rules on the
firewall to pass all GRE traffic into the router on the inside of the
firewall. As a test I also setup the rules to allow ALL traffic to pass to
the inside router. Anyone successfully done something like this?

Thanks

Dave

Tosh

> I am trying to setup a GRE tunnel between 2 routers, one of which is
> located behind an Astaro firewall. I have setup NAT and packet filter
> rules on the firewall to pass all GRE traffic into the router on the
> inside of the firewall. As a test I also setup the rules to allow ALL
> traffic to pass to the inside router. Anyone successfully done something
> like this?

Once I tried a similar setup with a somewhat old release of astaro with no
luck at all, maybe a more recent release does support natting of gre
tunnels.
Bye,
Tosh.