Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Integral solve - Java Component

Integral solve - Java Component

BB

Hi all,

Is there a free java component that can be used to solve Integrals?

Thanks

Alex Hunsley

BB wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there a free java component that can be used to solve Integrals?

Dunno, why don't you google for "java integrator" and find out?

Oliver Wong

"BB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi all,
>
> Is there a free java component that can be used to solve Integrals?

Solving integrals symbolically (which is how humans usually solve
integrals) is supposed to relatively difficult (and I believe research is
still being done in this area), so you might get lucky and find free Java
code from some academic research, but otherwise I wouldn't get my hopes up.

If you just want to solve integrals numerically, this is pretty trivial
to code up yourself (assuming you have the proper math background -- the
programming part itself is easy), and I wouldn't be surprised if there
weren't any ready-made components.

- Oliver