Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > database viewer?

database viewer?

tiewknvc9

Does anyone know of a product that will allow people to basically query
a databasee based on the fields that are in the database?

Basically we're looking for a good solution that will build an sql
query (via jsp) on an html form, and output all of the rows in the
table that are valid to that query.

Thanks for the input. I thought this would be an ideal place to post
this because although I am looking for a product, surely some
developers on this forum would have had the need for something similar
(without having to put too much extra time into it).
Thanks

Robert Klemme

On 12.12.2006 13:40, tiewknvc9 wrote:
> Does anyone know of a product that will allow people to basically query
> a databasee based on the fields that are in the database?
>
> Basically we're looking for a good solution that will build an sql
> query (via jsp) on an html form, and output all of the rows in the
> table that are valid to that query.
>
> Thanks for the input. I thought this would be an ideal place to post
> this because although I am looking for a product, surely some
> developers on this forum would have had the need for something similar
> (without having to put too much extra time into it).

You do not need to buy a product for that - the information is available
via JDBC driver, including column names and types. See JDBC API
documentation.

robert